Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks! I tracked down an 02' Tundra Access cab, TRD, 4x4 with 77,000 miles with a little bit of body damage to the lower drivers quarter panel. The truck is one state away and I would have to spend about 200 dollars for a 1 way ticket to drive it home. I just want to know if I am getting a smoking deal, or just getting smoked.

It needs a bumper, tail-light and some lower quater panel repair, but nothing I couldn't take care.

I have talked the owner down to $14,800. Does this sound like a steal or not?

The damage will require some paint work and I don't really know if matching Thunder Grey is going to be impossible or not. I have included a pic of the damage for you guys to check out.

I appreciate anyone and everyones feedback!

Also, any comments from fellow Tundra owners as to what I need to look out for when buying a used 4x4? I would obviously give it a thourough test drive but are there any tell tale signs of things to watch out for?

Thanks!
Kelly

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought my 03' SR5 w/84K miles for $10K (blue book $15100) Given, it was from the company I work for, but a steal nontheless :D

From what I have read here, pre-03s MIGHT have some tranny problems, and they also had problematic front disc brakes w/ a TSB issued to upgrade the calipers/pads. I would make sure this has been taken care of and the truck has the newer design pads/calipers, and thoroughly check the tranny is trouble free.

·
Registered
29 Posts
check denver.craigslist.org.....there are several nice Tundra listed there, including one in MO for about that price. A couple weeks ago there was even a gray one with topper for $14,000 with 90K miles.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nope, don't do it. Just keep looking, be patient, and you'll find a much better deal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Sean, I tend to agree. The way the bumper is tweaked and then the quater panel is folded in, it seems like it was hit hard. I checked CarFax and nothing is reported as far as accidents go. The lady selling it told me her son ran into it in the drive way - He must of been going pretty damn fast to cause the bumper to buckle like that. Also, this was an Ebay auction and the pictures she posted, the damage to the quarter was not even shown! Another Forum member just hooked me up with a Craigs list URL and there are quite a few Tundra's for sale! Im gonna hold out for just the right truck.

I REALLY want an 04-06 DC 4x4 Phantom Grey Pearl, but my budget is too low (15K) to get into one it seems. So I might go for the next best thing which would be a Phantom Gray Pearl Access Cab 4x4 :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts