Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I frequent boating forums alot, and each time Toyota or Nissan trucks are mentioned the usual "buy American" and "Your killing American economy" smack come out. But this guy hed a great little post. I had to share with you all. Check this out..........

Did I miss something? Because the last I heard, WWII ended in 1945. I don't think most here were even alive at that time. "Jap traitor this, Jap traitor that..." You really need to get a grip. Byrdman, if your racist rantings have any integrity, then why do I not see you calling people on here that talk about their Mercedes and Porches, "Nazis"? Why don't you throw out your TV and PC made from Japanese parts? Better check your toaster, that could be Japanese too, or even worse, Chinese....That would be fair. Traitor???? Dude, wake the phuck up and realize that this is 2007, not 1942. Everyone ranting "jap this and jap that" sound insecure. Why else all the anger? I have not heard one shred of any arguement against a Nissan or Toyota that has any substance, such as "I don't think it had a good torque curve" or "cab was too small". Those of us who have bought Titans for example have cited things we didn't like with Fords, Chevys, etc...... such as engine strength, gearing, cab size, etc......All I hear about Nissans (here that is) is pure RACIAL BIGOTRY, plain and simple. You don't like them, don't buy them. They are built in Mississippi after all, unlike the "American" stuff that receives a lot of parts from overseas and half are assembled in Mexico....If you knew anything about business, the money ultimately ends up in some big wig's hands whether they speak English, Japanese or French or whatever. They're out buying their next yacht with it and some of your cash ends up in stockholder hands, unless of course the company posts a loss, then of course the CEO still gets "his" and he lays off 1000's of people so he can continue with the yacht building. As far as I'm concerned, once my money's out of my hands, then it's out of my hands. Speaking for myself, I buy what I want, not what I think will make a certain group of people happy. If someone doesn't like it, then they can go home and cry to mommie that Earl down the street bought a Nissan and not a Dodge, because not one person has come up to me in person and had the nerve to call me a traitor and I don't think they ever will. It's not your truck, it's not your worry. I like my Titan, it kicks assssss. I get 12mpg towing 8000lbs, it reaches 60 a full 6 seconds quicker than an F150 towing that amount, I have yet to use 4 wheel drive at any ramp, in fact it hasn't even so much spun a tire pulling the boat out and chicks dig it too. It's a good truck and if it's making other manufacturers go back to the drawing board, then that's good, because that's called COMPETITION. If someone wants to stick by their brand no matter how many times they're broke down on the road, or how many times the electrical system freaks out, or even if it burns down the house while parked in your driveway, then that's fine with me. It's their money, they can do with it how they please, doesn't effect me. I'll still think they're dumb or behaving like someone in an abusive relationship, but it's their decision.

"Jap Traitor???" That's so 1940's. Get a grip! This "traitor" writing this post is a COMBAT VETERAN of the US Army (Field Artillery) And this "traitor" lives in a good deal of physical pain everyday from injuries he sustained while defending the very right for somepeople in this country like to act like phukpigs.

I rest my case...

I thought that was worth showing you all. I feel this guy nailed it!

·
Registered
338 Posts
AMEN!

I thought that was worth showing you all. I feel this guy nailed it![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
549 Posts
As a veteran myself, I agree with this post 100%! I actually admire the Japanese for their work ethic and pride in building vehicles that are built to last. Why did I buy an 07' Tundra? Because: 1)I wanted to with my hard earned money, 2)I owned several American made vehicles over the last few years and was not impressed with build quality and attention to detail, 3)I wanted the best full size pickup on the market that would suite my needs. And, I am proud to say that the Tundra is 100% built/assembled/made in America....not Mexico, not Canada.....but the good ol' USA. Bottom line, the Japanese have made domestic automakers build better products...are we there yet? NO! But, I will spend my money on what I like....not what other people like.:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
this is really interesting. to you have the link to the forum. i wanted to read the rest of it see what they replied after. lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
I admire you for what you said..

As a veteran myself, I agree with this post 100%! I actually admire the Japanese for their work ethic and pride in building vehicles that are built to last. Why did I buy an 07' Tundra? Because: 1)I wanted to with my hard earned money, 2)I owned several American made vehicles over the last few years and was not impressed with build quality and attention to detail, 3)I wanted the best full size pickup on the market that would suite my needs. And, I am proud to say that the Tundra is 100% built/assembled/made in America....not Mexico, not Canada.....but the good ol' USA. Bottom line, the Japanese have made domestic automakers build better products...are we there yet? NO! But, I will spend my money on what I like....not what other people like.:D
Here we have a veteran who should hate the Japanese for what they did, but he does not look at it that way. He bought with his money what he feels is the best Truck in the market today.

I am a big fan of Japanese and German cars and trucks as well. Their Engineers skill is the best in the world.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i like to buy the best product for my needs, it doesn't matter if it's american,japanese,german,italian,koren,british or whatever.

Competition is healthy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: I admire you for what you said..

I am a big fan of Japanese and German cars and trucks as well. Their Engineers skill is the best in the world.

The sad thing is that we have just as much talent here in the US. The problem is more in the upper levels of management at GM, Ford, and Chrysler. These guys are a lot more interested in short term results than in long term improvements.

Show good numbers at the end of each quarter, get the shares to go up (even if it is temporary) and then cash on these stock options. During that time the German and Japanese companies actually listen to the ideas of their employees and invest more in the long term...

Funny thing is I don't see anything changing at the big 3's. There are lots of frustrated engineers in there (I know one of them it seems they are really pi$$ed at the current perception about the engineering capabilities of the US automakers Vs the German ones).

Anyway, it won't change a thing for me. The last GM I owned was in 1990 and it was the worst experience ever ! I am not going back !

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think that here in the year 2007, we can hail the Japanese as a peaceful, enterprising nation and one of the world's leading economic powers. Instead of making bombs and blowing people up in pizza parlors, they are actually making the world a better place. I think some of these anti-Japanese auto brand people ought to realize that we need more countries doing what Japan does.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep just another pee brain yelling "jap crap"
the F150 is made in canada and the chevy is made mostly from parts made in Mexico and the Tundra is made from 75% USA and Canda parts but assemble in the USA I love my BIULT IN AMERICA TRUCK and if they want to fight they have to catch me first :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep just another pee brain yelling "jap crap"
the F150 is made in canada and the chevy is made mostly from parts made in Mexico and the Tundra is made from 75% USA and Canda parts but assemble in the USA I love my BIULT IN AMERICA TRUCK and if they want to fight they have to catch me first :D
F150 is made in the usa

Ford truck plant in Virginia to go idle June 25

queryvar="ford,truck,plant,in,virginia,to,go,idle,june,25";Richard Truett | Automotive News / March 19, 2007 - 4:58 pm

document.write ('');advertisement
document.write('');
Since 1946, Ford Motor Co.'s Norfolk, Va., assembly plant has been cranking out trucks uninterrupted.

That 61-year streak screeches to a halt for good June 25. Production at the plant will end, Ford told plant employees late last week. About 1,000 workers will be out of a job, although some will move to Dearborn, Mich., and build F-150 pickups at Ford's plant there.

The move comes as Ford tries to align production of F-series pickups with demand. Sales of the F series slipped from 901,463 units in 2005 to 796,039 units in 2006, down 11.7 percent. For the first two months of this year, F-series sales are down 13.4 percent from the same period in 2006, to 100,107 units.

Last year, Ford stopped production at the Norfolk plant for 14 weeks in an effort to reduce inventories. The average Detroit 3 assembly plant usually closes only three weeks a year.

Production of the F-150, the only vehicle built at Norfolk, has mirrored the decline in sales. The plant produced 238,869 trucks in 2004, 213,994 in 2005 and only 133,437 trucks last year.

Ford will add a third shift at the Dearborn plant to boost capacity. To save money, Ford wants to run plants at 100 percent capacity. The F series also is built in Louisville, Ky., and Kansas City, Mo.

Ford has not decided what to do with the Norfolk plant, which opened in 1925.

You may e-mail Richard Truett at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah, Ford is going bankrupt (their own fault not spending any $ on vehicle improvement)

And Dodge is probably going to sell to the highest bidder.

GM....well they are just keeping afloat...barely. Oh & selling their Isuzu shares for cash flow. That was a mistake, what's going to happen to the Dummax?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Byrdman, (MORON!!) should take a tour of his local Ford parts dept. Ford buys parts from countries all over the world, including Japan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The problem for the big three started back in the late 50's early 60's when upper management decided that they were going to focus on making sure the stockholders were very happy instead of their buying customers. The rest is history my friends, customers must always be #1. When your the #1 company in your industry its easy to lose sight as to who got you there. I hate to say it but some of these Toyota dealerships around me look down their noses at potential buyers.

I think its us the American buying public that will determine who makes it and who doesn't. So if the big three want to get back in the game they need to put products out that make us happy end of story!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: I admire you for what you said..

The last GM I owned was in 1990 and it was the worst experience ever ! I am not going back !
Agree with ya 99.9% but...I would go back the moment I could be convinced I was getting Toyota quality and customer support. Lord knows, I try everytime I buy a vehicle; to give the good ol USofA a chance at more of my money, but in 15 years it hasn't happened. I'm really hoping it happens soon for the benefit of this country. I think the GM plug-in Vault Hybrid will be my next attempt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts