Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Man...have you seen all the problems with the new Camrys?

Check out the Camry forum...I thought I was reading the Chrysler forum!
I was reading a comparo between all the entry level sedans and was shocked to see the camry was second to last right ahead of the chrysler, and behind the Saturn Auroa. I was kinda shocked to see a GM car ahead of toyota in a comparo. Also read a long term review of the Tacoma and they were complaining about the brakes being horrible and having tons of squeaks and rattles. I hope toyota isn't suffering from growing pains.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm looking forward to the piston slap..:cool:

GM's have it, Ford's have it, Don't know about Dodge, Never owned a Dodge product. ;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Bad news travels fast. The 'piston slap' post has 67 comments and over 2,800 views as of right now. Wow!
The web can be such a great place to watch human behavior unfold right in front of your eyes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Piston slap in the GM's is nothing. My 00 Sierra 6.0 has had it since 120k and never has had a problem from it. Just hear it when it's cold and the trucks been sitting up for a couple days and it will knock alittle but always quits when it warms up. I think the tundra will be the same way. It may somewhat annoying but i'm sure it will not have any long term affects.

·
LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!
1,267 Posts
Jeeze, talk about SOME (not all of them) disgruntled owners. Both my Mom and I looked at the 2007 Camry independently and at seperate times. She didn't like the new dash (she has a 1998, loves it) or how the interior didn't have the same initial feel of quality. It wasn't cheap, but not the typical Toyota level either. In the SE version I looked at, I liked the sporty styling of it, but I felt the same way once I looked inside. The SE I sat in also had that cheap carbon fiber "decal" kit and was already peeling off in some areas...

I think Toyota IS experiencing some growing pains, and the new Camry does show that a bit. I think the new Tundra may even have a few, too. Hell, even my new Ridgeline has a few "growing pains" but it is Honda's first attempt at a pickup. Any new company rushing forward such as Honda and Toyota are, are going to experience bumps along the way. As long as they don't hit any deer, they'll be fine. ;-)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dodges have pinging and knock issues also.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Dodge Hemis have a "Hemi tick". A very annoying sound at idle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 97 Ford F-150 5.4 Litre had piston slap and I sold it after 130K miles and it was still running very strong. My Crewmax does not have a slap...then again it's warm in FL...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.