Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...have you seen all the problems with the new Camrys?

Check out the Camry forum...I thought I was reading the Chrysler forum!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Man...have you seen all the problems with the new Camrys?

Check out the Camry forum...I thought I was reading the Chrysler forum!
I was reading a comparo between all the entry level sedans and was shocked to see the camry was second to last right ahead of the chrysler, and behind the Saturn Auroa. I was kinda shocked to see a GM car ahead of toyota in a comparo. Also read a long term review of the Tacoma and they were complaining about the brakes being horrible and having tons of squeaks and rattles. I hope toyota isn't suffering from growing pains.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I noticed a few posts by one member who did have some major problems. I did not see anything that was especially alarming. Kind of like one of the members of this forum.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I noticed a few posts by one member who did have some major problems. I did not see anything that was especially alarming. Kind of like one of the members of this forum.
did you see how many people had voted on the piston flap issue...roughly 25% thought or believed they have a problem.....alarming to me.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm looking forward to the piston slap..:cool:

GM's have it, Ford's have it, Don't know about Dodge, Never owned a Dodge product. ;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Bad news travels fast. The 'piston slap' post has 67 comments and over 2,800 views as of right now. Wow!
The web can be such a great place to watch human behavior unfold right in front of your eyes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Piston slap in the GM's is nothing. My 00 Sierra 6.0 has had it since 120k and never has had a problem from it. Just hear it when it's cold and the trucks been sitting up for a couple days and it will knock alittle but always quits when it warms up. I think the tundra will be the same way. It may somewhat annoying but i'm sure it will not have any long term affects.

·
LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!
1,267 Posts
Jeeze, talk about SOME (not all of them) disgruntled owners. Both my Mom and I looked at the 2007 Camry independently and at seperate times. She didn't like the new dash (she has a 1998, loves it) or how the interior didn't have the same initial feel of quality. It wasn't cheap, but not the typical Toyota level either. In the SE version I looked at, I liked the sporty styling of it, but I felt the same way once I looked inside. The SE I sat in also had that cheap carbon fiber "decal" kit and was already peeling off in some areas...

I think Toyota IS experiencing some growing pains, and the new Camry does show that a bit. I think the new Tundra may even have a few, too. Hell, even my new Ridgeline has a few "growing pains" but it is Honda's first attempt at a pickup. Any new company rushing forward such as Honda and Toyota are, are going to experience bumps along the way. As long as they don't hit any deer, they'll be fine. ;-)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dodges have pinging and knock issues also.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Dodge Hemis have a "Hemi tick". A very annoying sound at idle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 97 Ford F-150 5.4 Litre had piston slap and I sold it after 130K miles and it was still running very strong. My Crewmax does not have a slap...then again it's warm in FL...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts