Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just picked up a 4runner and my first order of business is to install (or have installed) the 3.4 liter supercharger! First of all I know this can be installed at the dealer, but A. Since I bought this vehicle from a private party, I don't know which dealer around here is reputable to handle TRD installs...and B. I've never had much luck with dealers in the past for maintenance and repairs (too much $$$) and I don't imagine it is much different for an installation like this, so ideally I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a good toyota mechanic in the Greater Boston area who is familiar with perfomance mods, specifically the TRD supercharger. I've had an audi for the last 4 years or so, and I found my mechanic through the audiworld forums, and he has been great, if anyone needs an excellent audi mechanic who is perfomance mod friendly in the boston area let me know. The problem was that I found myself visiting him all to often, and hence the toyota...I'm crossing my fingers that it will be as reliable as toyotas are generally known to be! Anyway, back to the point, if you can recommend a good place to get this done, as well as any scheduled maintenance etc... in the future I would really appreciate it. Also, anyone know what I should pay for this? Thanks a lot to anyone with any information that they can share! I look forward to learning a lot about this truck from this forum!:D

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
It may be a bit of a drive, but you may want to contact gadget at GadgetOnline.. He is in Md and probably knows more about super charging a 3.4l than anyone. There are some fuel upgrades that you will most likely need as well he has all the info on his site.

You can get it installed at the dealer, but I think the only advantage of having it done there is that it doesn't void your warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I have already checked out gadgetonline and he recommends installing it yourself but I was hoping to find a qualified mechanic in my area to do it for me. I also have the 7th injector kit to deal with the fuel issues...thanks again!

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
If you ever feel like visiting Las Vegas, I'd be happy to install the S/C n 7th inj kit.
I know it's a very long drive, just a thought.
I have had TS members come from Calif/AZ/and Utah/Montana to have me work on their vehicle.
I hope you find someone close.
It's not as hard as it seems, you might be able to do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts