Toyota Tundra Forums banner

good snow tires in 37x13.5x20

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  liftdatsumbich 
#1 ·
getting the bds lift and i need tires that do well in the snow and ice since i live in montana. but i also want some tires that i can take throught the mud and not get stuck. everyone i talk to up here says the tires like the nitto grapplers just act like skates on the ice.........HELP!!

#6 ·
If you REALLLy want 37's then get them. You will always want them if you go with 35's. I wouldnt worry about ice and snow that much, the Tundra has that thing called traction control...:D and it works great in slippery conditions. As far as tires go, you will get better traction with a narrower tire. So I would recommend a 37x12.50 instead of 13.50. The Procomp AT would be the best all around tire in my opinion.

#7 ·
i ran terra grapplers on the stock rims on my nissan frontier. it was much smaller, (33x11), but for the winter, i liked them much better than the BFG ATs i had on my aftermarket rims.

#8 ·
Go with the Goodyear Duratracs. I've had mine for about two weeks and I love them. You know how the weather has been here the last few weeks. Last weekend I tested them in the mud on opening weeken and they performed flawlessley. Cleaned out very well. Tested this week and today on ice, they are much better than any other tire and would be perfect with the studs added. Went elk hunting this am and drove down into a canyon with 2 feet of snow on top of icy dirt road. I met a dodge that had 6 inch lift on BFG's AT's and he was stuck on a pretty knarly hill, I stopped beside him and asked if he wanted a tow, he was putting on chains so I passed him going up the hill! Road noise is minimal. By far the best tire I've ever owned!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.