Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has grabbed these for their truck yet? I need to get some new tires, and I've pretty much made up my mind that these are the tires I want (that will fit my budget).

Thing I can't decide on is size. The stock tires (2006 Tundra Double Cab) on there right now are 265/70-16 (30.6"). I want to throw on some 285/75-16 (32.8") tires. Anyone gone up about that much on their tires on a stock truck? I'm going to be throwing a leveling kit on it this summer, but was curious how much, if any, of a problem I would run into with rubbing. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the goodyear wrangler duratracs in 285/75/16. They are not going to fit on a stock truck. I have a toytec add a leaf in the back with bilstein 5100's on the highest setting in the front. I wanted to keep my stock rims so I have 1.25" wheel adapters all around. The tires have been great so far. Excellent off road and pretty smooth on road. They did take a bit of weight to balance but they have ridden fairly smooth considering how aggressive they are. I have about 8,000 miles on them so far and they still look pretty new. I would definately recommend them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. What would I be looking at cost wise for the setup you have to make those tires fit? I may just go with 265/75-16 size tires to avoid everything. I would like to get all of that done in one go, but the "fun money" account is pretty low with the fishing season coming up, and I still need some more tackle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the goodyear wrangler duratracs in 285/75/16. They are not going to fit on a stock truck. I have a toytec add a leaf in the back with bilstein 5100's on the highest setting in the front. I wanted to keep my stock rims so I have 1.25" wheel adapters all around. The tires have been great so far. Excellent off road and pretty smooth on road. They did take a bit of weight to balance but they have ridden fairly smooth considering how aggressive they are. I have about 8,000 miles on them so far and they still look pretty new. I would definately recommend them.

where did you get your 285 duratracs from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the tires from discounttiredirect.com I think. They were somewhere around $180 a tire. It's about two hundred bucks for the bilstein's and I think the add a leaf was somewhere around $30. I did all the work myself so labor just cost twenty bucks for a thirty pack.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice walmart have some but the biggest size they got are 265's. How do they perform in mud? I love the look on these tires I might get them to replace my worn down procomp xtreme mt's

·
Registered
415 Posts
I dont have personal experience on the Duratracs but I have a buddy that bought a set and put on his Silverado and gave them away after about 2weeks and one trip off road. He said they didnt pull any better then the set of BFG All Terrains off road and gave him horrible road noise. I personally don't care much for Goodyears A/T and M/T tires but thats just personal preference. I am partial to the new Cooper Zeon series especially the A/T's which is what I am currently running. They have very little to no road noise and pull great off road. I have a 2WD and went playing with a buddy with a 4WD in NC and hes running BFG M/Ts and didnt really have a prob keeping up "Just costs me a little more in gas".
As for lifting to clear you will need to theres no way around it. I have the 5100s up front with a 1" block in the back and im clearing 305's but i did loose mud flaps and some inner fender trimming. I also have 1.5" spacers on mine to set the away from the Upper Control arm which will also be needed to run any wider then pretty much stock width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts