Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Got a new toy in the driveway!

5K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  ArizonaOne 
#1 ·
Thought i'd introduce myself on this forum. Was recently a Ford guy until i actually got a chance to try a new Tundra and never looked back! So far i'm more than happy with it. Never thought the 5.7 had that kind of power to it :devil:...well here are some pics! Just put on the Hunters bull bar...we'll see how that goes.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome, like the bull bar without the skid plate. You bought yourself a great truck

Steve

#4 ·
So you finally went and did it. Well about time. Out with the old and in with the new, plus it's bigger badder and better congrats!!

#6 ·
Looks good man. I'd love to see more pictures of that bull bar. I really like it

#11 ·
thanks for the compliments guys...well i was actually debating between a new 2010 f150 s/crew(always had ford truck) and a new tundra, so i took one of each home for a couple of days and see how they drove. the first thing that gave it away was the power. it just put a grin on my face :)...the next thing was the room in the back. i actually drove one about 80 miles roundtrip with a few friends in the back, seat reclined of course, and overall everyone was impressed. the ford did have its advantages too, but to me, the tundra just had more of a "work truck" feel to it. also mpg isn't bad at all, my last truck (06 f150 4.6) was averaging a mixed 12-14 mpg and a few friends with the new f150 are averaging the same with the 5.4. the tundra's averaging 17.1 right now mixed driving right now. not bad!

#13 ·
Looks good man. I'd love to see more pictures of that bull bar. I really like it

Thanks, i'll try and take more pics of it. I bought it off ebay for 175 shipped. Its actually is a nice bull bar, i've gotten compliments on it from a couple of neighbors who are tundra owners. From what i've heard, it starts rusting sooner than expected and some have to get it line-x'ed or something, which i wouldn't mind doing if i have to...i'll have to keep a close eye on it and see how it goes.

#15 ·
Congrats on the new tundra. Looks good:)

#17 ·
Welcome to TS! Nice Ride! Sent some rep points your way!

#18 ·
Welcome - Nice truck! I'm also a prior "mostly" Ford guy.... and they build a good truck. But, I think the Tundra is better! Enjoy, and keep us posted!

#25 ·
Welcome and congrats. My Platinum should be in the garage saturday. Be careful what you read on here; you could spend the kids' college money on mods.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.