Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found work after being layed off for over a year, and to boot, it came along with a 2009 Tundra :):)!! Thats the lucky part in case you were wondering!! I have a question though. When I apply the brakes, there is a hard click that I hear, and slightly feel in the steering wheel, both pressing and letting off the brake pedal, as though it is triggered by the brake light switch. I don't have this in my 2003 daily driver. It sounds like a relay pulling in and out but find it hard to believe this is normal. Sometimes when i'm at a light and have the pedal depressed it will "click, click, click" several times in a row...most of the times it is just when pressed and released. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Congrats on the job!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's great to be back among the working class!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I finally found work after being layed off for over a year, and to boot, it came along with a 2009 Tundra :):)!! Thats the lucky part in case you were wondering!! I have a question though. When I apply the brakes, there is a hard click that I hear, and slightly feel in the steering wheel, both pressing and letting off the brake pedal, as though it is triggered by the brake light switch. I don't have this in my 2003 daily driver. It sounds like a relay pulling in and out but find it hard to believe this is normal. Sometimes when i'm at a light and have the pedal depressed it will "click, click, click" several times in a row...most of the times it is just when pressed and released. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Column shift? If so, it is probably the lever for the shift lever lock relay. You can tell by looking through the port where the shift lever exits the steering column. Press and release the brake, and you can see this lever move back and forth.

Is it normal? My dealership says so, just needed to be lubed. I'm still not happy with the explaination, but everything works fine.

Mike C.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that I question it, but I find it hard to swallow that the noise I hear is normal. How irritating!!! Why would it click several times when the pedal is pressed and held down?

·
Registered
943 Posts
sounds like ABS engaging maybe kinda weird:rolleyes: go to the stealer ship

·
Banned
444 Posts
Abs........

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ABS?? Is this a mechanical or electrical issue do you think? It is a hand me down from the fella that had it before me...47k + miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts