Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased the 2010 SR5 CrewMax, I worked a deal with my dealer to get aftermarket leather installed. I got to pick the two tone colors, pick which areas of the seats I wanted to be two-tone, decided to have contrast stitching, created the Adobe Illustrator file for the embroidered headrests, and added heating elements to the front seats.

The leather was ordered from Classic Soft Trim (nation-wide company with the corporate office in Austin, TX). The leather was ordered and shipped to the local Houston installation shop and I dropped off the truck in the morning and it was delivered to my work that evening. I am VERY happy with it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

$1050 for the leather.
$200 up-charge for two-tone and custom embroidery work.
$200 per seat for heating element (for a total of $400).
$1,450 Grand total. It was all a part of the negotiations for the truck so it's all a part of the loan on the truck.

The leather will tighten up over he next 30 day break-in period. Therefore, the ripples in the leather will go away. The camera flash has over-exaggerated the ripples anyway.

What do you think? Please post comments.

Back Seat:

Driver's Seat:

They even kept the Air Bag tag:

Here's the switch that was added to the side of both front seats for the heated seat option:

Here, you can see the two-tone really well. I thought it was cool that they kept the little carseat indicators in the leather.

I took this picture because I was kind of surprised to see the seatback pockets on BOTH seats. The original cloth only have a pocket on the passenger seat

A shot from the passenger side:

Another shot from the passenger side:

Close up of the contrast stitching:

You can see the contrast stitching well in this photo:

The embroidery in the headrest looks white because of the camera flash, but it's actually the same light gray as the inside of the seats.

Hope you like it.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
WOW. They really did a good job. Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Wowzer, really nice job, not too bad of a price either

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Love the colors and contrast stitching. Personally I would have reversed the colors, and put the gray on the outside so it flows nicely into the seat base. Otherwise, I think they look fabulous.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wowzer, really nice job, not too bad of a price either
Thanks. I really liked the Limited with Platinum package, but the price of the truck would have been $10,000 more. I can do my own custom stereo installation, so I decided to go with the SR5, upgrade to leather with heated seat option and do all aftermarket leather, nav, DVD, headrest monitors, backup camera, subwoofers, high-end competition 5.1 speakers, amps, wiring, bluetooth handsfree, iPod integration, HD Radio with iTunes tagging & Satellite radio for around $6,000. Sure, the aftermarket audio/video system isn't included in the loan, but I have the disposable income and would rather not pay interest on it anyway. So, really, I think I'm getting a LOT more, for a lot less $$$. :wof:

Two Thumbs Up. :tu: :tu:
:ts:

damn that does look good dude....like the embroidery there...it seems like its straight from the factory.
:ts: I made sure to use Illustrator for the vector graphics the embroider would need to do the headrests and provided a CAD file. I even had it scaled to the size that I wanted it in the headrest. I think that took a lot of the guesswork out of it for them, so that increased the chances of them getting it right.

The goal was to get a nice subtle two-tone that matched the rest of the interior (pretty easy to do with gray), clean (nothing crazy with the embroidery), unique (that contrast stitching really pops and NOBODY else has the two-tone leather with the Toyota logo with Tundra underneath it in their headrests.) Can you guys tell I'm happy with the way it turned out? LOL :happya:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the colors and contrast stitching. Personally I would have reversed the colors, and put the gray on the outside so it flows nicely into the seat base. Otherwise, I think they look fabulous.
Yeah, you know, I thought about that. But with the light gray on the outside, the dark gray stitching wouldn't have contrasted as well I think. And I like how the lighter thread and lighter embroidery just pops off of that charcoal leather.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I really like to seats, that is what I will do once my cloth seats wear out. By the way my 08 crewmax has pockets on the back of both seats.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those are some niiice covers. I like the two tone leather with the contrast stitching. Love the embroidery on the headrest.
Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I really like to seats, that is what I will do once my cloth seats wear out. By the way my 08 crewmax has pockets on the back of both seats.

excellent job. looks outstanding. oh and btw my 07 DC has port installed leather with pockets on the back of both seats...i thought they all had pockets on both sides...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VERY NICE!! I really want to do this to my truck.
:ts: You should do it!

:ts: Interesting. I guess it's the 2010 grade cloth that only includes the pockets on the passenger side.

Those are some niiice covers. I like the two tone leather with the contrast stitching. Love the embroidery on the headrest.
Enjoy!!!
:ts: I appreciate the comments!

excellent job. looks outstanding. oh and btw my 07 DC has port installed leather with pockets on the back of both seats...i thought they all had pockets on both sides...
:ts: I think all of the leather has always had both pockets. Perhaps the single pocket is something they decided they only wanted to do on the passenger cloth covers in the 2010 grade level Tundras. :noidea:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quality looks superb. Personally i think grey leather or cloth in general looks cheap especially after some years of use and it starts to dry/wrinkle. What color is your truck? I personally would want something real rich and creamey looking. The Red Rock color leather from factory looks very luxury, I dig that. Something closer to what bmw or lexus or jaguar puts in their cars for leather, in general its very classy.

But this is your truck and I am sure you did exactly what you want so congrats dude! I may be right behind you in doing this.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Fantastic work. The headrest's are fabulous - really a good look. Now for some chrome on the outside...that color would look great with some chrome touches.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I have the 2010 DC SR5 and have pockets on both seat backs. That looks great. Really like the contrast. I tried to order the red rock through Sparks and it was a no go. I also like the looks of the red rock and i just received my wood trim package to install this weekend after I get my wheels installed. Busy weekend....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the 2010 DC SR5 and have pockets on both seat backs. That looks great. Really like the contrast.
That is interesting. It's looking like I'm the only one that got screwed on this single pocket cloth deal. Good thing I upgraded to leather. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts