Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my CrewMax on Sat morning, had the windows tinted in the afternoon. Put 350 miles on it that day.
2007 CM SR5
5.7L
Tow
Buckets
20" Black Wheels on the way.
I traded in my 2005 Titan.
The dealer made this trade effortless, I am very happy!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I picked up my CrewMax on Sat morning, had the windows tinted in the afternoon. Put 350 miles on it that day.
2007 CM SR5
5.7L
Tow
Buckets
20" Black Wheels on the way.
I traded in my 2005 Titan.
The dealer made this trade effortless, I am very happy!
Another Silver CrewMax....awesome:tu:

I see you have the towing mirrors. How do you like those mirrors? Any problems with them sticking out to much? I was supposed to get the TM, but was told they are not available with the TRD package?

Wow, 350 miles on the first day:tu: How does the CM compare to your Titan? Let us know your thoughts.

Enjoy the CrewMax:tu:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see you have a picture of the Titan , do you still have it?
What are the differences in the Titan, and the new Tundra in your opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have owned Toyota 4 runners and Nissan Pathfinders, Toyota trucks and Nissan Trucks and the same hold true today as is has in years past.....
The Nissans seems to look and feel more agressive but the Toyota seems much more refined, smoother and quieter.
I really liked my Titan and would reccomend one but I like the Tundra a bit more. There are some features I liked about my Titan more that the Tundra, like:
1- I like the back-up warning on the Titan. I know I can get it or could have ordered it but I didnt realize how much I used it until now.
2- I like the moving pedals on the Titan. It was real nice as my g-friend is only about 5'2" and I am 6'.
3- I liked that you could build a Sub-Box under the seat in the Titan and cant in the Tundra. Yes, I will build it behind the seat but then will be giving up some of the leg-room. It will put it back to about the size of the Titan back seat.
The Mirrors.............I am kind-of dissapointed that I got them. They are nice but yes, they do stick out a long ways. They are very noisy on the highway also. I would opt to not have them if I did it again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have owned Toyota 4 runners and Nissan Pathfinders, Toyota trucks and Nissan Trucks and the same hold true today as is has in years past.....
The Nissans seems to look and feel more agressive but the Toyota seems much more refined, smoother and quieter.
I really liked my Titan and would reccomend one but I like the Tundra a bit more. There are some features I liked about my Titan more that the Tundra, like:
1- I like the back-up warning on the Titan. I know I can get it or could have ordered it but I didnt realize how much I used it until now.
2- I like the moving pedals on the Titan. It was real nice as my g-friend is only about 5'2" and I am 6'.
3- I liked that you could build a Sub-Box under the seat in the Titan and cant in the Tundra. Yes, I will build it behind the seat but then will be giving up some of the leg-room. It will put it back to about the size of the Titan back seat.
The Mirrors.............I am kind-of dissapointed that I got them. They are nice but yes, they do stick out a long ways. They are very noisy on the highway also. I would opt to not have them if I did it again.
Thanks for you input on the Titan vs the Tundra. I have never owned a Nissan, so I can't comment. I've owned a 93 4Runner, a 98 Landcruiser, a 2002 Tundra Access Cab, a 2004 Tundra DC and now my '07 CrewMax. You can tell I love Toyota:D

I was dissappointed my CM did not come with the towing mirrors, but after so many have complained that they do not work very well, I'm not sure if it's a good thing I did not get them:confused:

:ts:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase of your Crew Max. Did you have to have very long to get one?
In my case, I ordered my CrewMax & put down a deposit Feb, 10th. Took delivery a week ago Sat, Mar 24th. That's about 6 weeks. I'm not sure if CrewMax trucks are starting to flow faster in dealerships in the last week, but I was told that there won't be many coming in until the end of May:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt put $ down but they did hold back one of the ones they were getting in for me.
A funny story....
They thought it was going to be here 2 weeks ago. they got in a load of trucks and they were so ready to get me my truck that they called me and as soon as they got it.
Come to find out the one they thought was mine, was not. It had a bench seat. Mine came in about 9 days later.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Each Crew Max that I've seen has been built with 20 inch tires. Does anyone know whether the 20 inch tires make the vehicle ride much smoother than the standard 18 inch tires? I have been told my a few different salesman who say the 20 inch tires do make for a smooter ride, however, there are those that say, the smaller the tire, the smoother the ride.

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Each Crew Max that I've seen has been built with 20 inch tires. Does anyone know whether the 20 inch tires make the vehicle ride much smoother than the standard 18 inch tires? I have been told my a few different salesman who say the 20 inch tires do make for a smooter ride, however, there are those that say, the smaller the tire, the smoother the ride.

Thanks
I test drove both and I couldn't tell the difference. logic tells us that the 20's should have less "dampening" over bumps, but you could also say that they would probably handle better. Anyone else?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts