Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran back up to the dealer for something today and he came out to show me their first Crew Max. What a monster! I coulndt get over the size of the rear doors. It was a Limited so the interior was identical to mine plus a few extra buttons we cant get on our DC's, but when I sat in the back I was floored. Its huge back there. I could easily be comfortable back there on a looooong road trip. The rear seats recline as well as fold down for storage, and the leg room was crazy.

Only down side is the bed is tiny, but if you use your truck as a grocery getter, then no big deal.

All you new Crew Max guys and gals are lovin it.

Take care

·
Registered
237 Posts
Please go back and take a few pictures:D We have all been waiting to see pictures of a CM at a dealer. How long more do I have to wait for my CM:cry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Since everyone's asking, here it is! The rare and elusive Tundra CrewMax in it's natural habitat.....a real life Toyota dealership!

We got this one in late last week. Limited, 4x4, 5.7 w/ sunroof, navigation, and rear entertainment. I'm posting the sticker, but it's a little hard to read. Total is $48,771. If you look closely at the steering column, you'll notice that the it has the power tilt/tele adjuster just like the Land Cruiser and many Lexus products.

This one's located at my dealership in Decatur, IL. So, if you're close by, stop in and take a look.

Grant

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If you look closely at the steering column, you'll notice that the it has the power tilt/tele adjuster just like the Land Cruiser and many Lexus products.
Is that how a good salesman inserts a subliminal suggestion that a prospective customer is actually buying a Lexus instead of a Toyota? That's slick! ;)

Yes, it says Toyota but we all know it's really a Lexus...Lexus...Lexus

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, this one is pretty loaded up. I've actually seen a couple on the vehicle locator that are in the mid 50'sK. Now THAT'S loaded! We have a bright red Limited CrewMax coming in the beginning of April that will have no nav or TV, but it will have the 22" polished TRD wheels. Should be a pretty sharp looking truck!

But, we do have an SR5 CrewMax 5.7 w/ the off-road pkg. in slate that will sticker at $36,696, so there are less expensive ones out there. We also have a regular cab, short bed, 5.7 with the sport pkg. and 20" wheels coming in April, if anyone's into fast sport trucks.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Grant

·
Registered
24 Posts
Supposedly Fred Haas in Houston is getting there first one tomorrow. I will definitely be checking it out.

Also, I saw the only DC Luchesse (sp?) package that I've seen yesterday. I think it's only going to be offered by GST. Really a sweet looking ride. White over desert beige with fender flares.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't wait for the CMs to make an appearance at one of my local dealers lots. Only Regular and Double Cabs so far (all 4x4 :tu: ).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Granth77,

Thank you so much for posting those pictures. Finally we get to see a CM at a dealership. It's a shame I can't stop by to see it in person. The CM in White looks so clean. I wonder what the CM in Salsa Pearl would look like??

·
Registered
5 Posts
While I'm waiting a few months to get a Crewmax, I thought I would go check one out this weekend to sit in it and check out the bed space. Long Beach Toyota had a SR5 Crewmax, 2WD with TRD and JBL stickered at just under $36K. I was really impressed with the size of the interior as I've only sat in a double cab. I was up in the air between a Tundra and Titan and after sitting in both interiors yesterday I'm set on the Tundra. To me the only negative thing on the truck is the size of the Crewmax's bed.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Hey Grant -

Thanks for sharing those pics! :cool:

If and when I come to the time to upgrade my truck, I'll look you up! :tu:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
since it was the first time I got to drive one yesterday to go stash it in the warehouse. Every time I looked back I couldnt believe how big it was back there. It is incredible. I hopped in the back seat to do the recline thing. Way too cool and even when I saw it on the transporter going down the street, I didnt even notice the size of the bed but I did notice the two huge doors.

This truck is awesome.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Almost $50k for a 1/2 ton! :eek:

I just saw an SR5 Double Cab 5/7 with TRD package for $35k at Bellevue Toyota so what are you really getting for $13k more? Leather, Nav, and another foot of cab? I don't see the $13k between the two trucks to justify. Can someon help me out here? :confused:

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I don't get it....my dealership has about 5 CM sitting on their lot. Why might they have a passle of them here in Columbia, SC and the rest of y'all don't get to see them. :confused: They also had a mess of RC and DC.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They had two at the Toyota dealer in Cedar Rapids. They looked good, but the bed is only 64" long (I put a tape on it) That's gonna screw some folks who need the bedlength and the cab room. Good looking truck, but I think I'll keep my 05 DC.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, this one is pretty loaded up. I've actually seen a couple on the vehicle locator that are in the mid 50'sK. Now THAT'S loaded! We have a bright red Limited CrewMax coming in the beginning of April that will have no nav or TV, but it will have the 22" polished TRD wheels. Should be a pretty sharp looking truck!

But, we do have an SR5 CrewMax 5.7 w/ the off-road pkg. in slate that will sticker at $36,696, so there are less expensive ones out there. We also have a regular cab, short bed, 5.7 with the sport pkg. and 20" wheels coming in April, if anyone's into fast sport trucks.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Grant
Grant I've personally sat in the white crew max you have but didn't notice the slate one do you still have it or has it been sold

1 - 19 of 19 Posts