Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pushing my luck with 38,000+ miles on them and discovered a big bulge in the side tread on one of them. It's unanimous - these tires are crap. Replaced them with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Haven't had a chance to test them in the elements yet but they are smooth and quiet. :tu:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I got rid of mine last month for a set of Michelin LTX M/S2. Much smoother.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Rugged Trails are crap, but the All-Terrain T/A's are far superior...and pricier. Can't go wrong with the LTX's either.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The Rugged Trails are crap, but the All-Terrain T/A's are far superior piece of crap...and pricier. Can't go wrong with the LTX's either.
I fixed it for you. I had 3 BFG A/T's through belts on me. I think what BFG does best is advertise. I am sold on the Toyo's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
38,000, wow thats good for Rugged trails, mine were shot at 30k. Worst truck tire I have ever seen. Have 15k on my Toyo Open Country HTs and they still look brand new:tu:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been pushing my luck with 38,000+ miles on them and discovered a big bulge in the side tread on one of them. It's unanimous - these tires are crap. Replaced them with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. Haven't had a chance to test them in the elements yet but they are smooth and quiet. :tu:
I am curious to know what size you got and if the GSAs affected your gas mileage. What air pressure do you use?

Thank you.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've got the 265/70/16 I believe, I know they are one size larger than stock. I run them at 50 they are load d and I get 14.5 average. Same as what I got on the rugged trails. These are much better in every condition I've been thru. In N.E. that is just about everything.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ruged trails are crap, if your compare a good Michelin or Firestone Destination to them, they would be the filet mignon of tires the rugged trails are the beef jerky of tires. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
those tires suck! I have them on my wifes 2007 crew max because they came with the truck new and I can't believe how bad they slip in the snow. I had the cheapest aggressive tires I could find (mastercraft) on my 2000 Tundra before I traded it in and they were SO much better in the snow!

·
Registered
819 Posts
While I thought the BFG Rugged Trail T/A's, the stock tires were ok, they were far from the best.

I got 53,000 miles out of the tires which is close to some sort of record on here and have since had the Michelin LTX M/S which have been awesome and after almost 50,000 miles, will be needing new ones soon and will be going with the LTX M/S II's/the next generation of the LTX.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm about to run over and put two new tires on my truck. I'm flat out tired of BFG. I put their Long Trails on my truck, and though they are a bit more quiet, they just don't seem to have the life. I don't think I got more then 30K out of them!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been running BFG A/T's every since I got my truck and they run awesome!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am curious to know what size you got and if the GSAs affected your gas mileage. What air pressure do you use?

Thank you.
I'll have to run it through a couple of tank fulls to be sure on the mileage. I'll send an update later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree the tires are terrible. I'm in the market for new tires myself, the Rugged Trails are done. We got hit with about 1ft of snow last night here in Reno and I was slipping all over the place. Now I just have to decide what I want.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thank you.
Stock 265/70/16 at 35 psi. My highway mileage used to be 18 but now it dropped down to the mid 16's. Could be any number of factors I suppose. I do like it's ability now to take off at a stoplight in the rain without breaking traction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts