Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking around for some bedliner to use on my rocker panels for a while now. I have looked at the herculiner, duplicolor liner, rustoleum, bondo, and the Bed Armor by duplicolor. I ened up going with the bed armor because of the awesome deal I found on it. The kit I got (1 Gallon plus prep stuff) cost about $90 at Meijers, I did a little internet searching and found it at Advanced Auto for $69.99 (Originally $99.99). Well I thought this was a pretty good deal, but I wasnt quite convinced yet to bite the bullet on the kit, so I did some internet researchign and as with any roll-on bedliner product it had mixed reviews both good and bad but I think the good reviews out weighed the bad and also, as with most others people stated Prep work was key to success. So Saturday Morning before work I get onto TundraSolutions website and lo-and-behold at the top of the page there is an ad banner for Advanced Auto stating save up to $30 on your next order, of course, THIS is appealing to me. So I click on the link and I am provided with the coupon code (ES123) which is good for: "$10 Off orders of $30 or more - $20 off order of $50 or more or $30 off orders of $100 or more!", so my order of $69.99 gets cut down to $49.99! (+3 for tax) SWEET DEAL in my opinion! All I had to do was order it online and they even had in-store pickup so I didnt have to pay shipping, I ordered it Saturday Morning right before I left for work and picked it up at noon on my way home!

So if anyone is looking to purchase bedliner or anything else from Advanced Auto use the code ES123 to save some money.
Also on the email they sent me as a receipt they sent me had a link for a "first time online referral" link/coupon code stating it could save up to 40%, I clicked on the link they gave me and it gave me another coupon code: RAF7JA1102 that is good for a whopping $35 off $85 or more.

So if anyone is purchasing anything from advanced or the bedliner use one of these codes and save yourself some hard earned money!

Below is a picture of the kit I got:

I plan on doing my rockers in the next month, I will post up before and after pics in this thread of how it went!

Cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did the rockers today, will post up the photos tomorrow. At this point the results seem mediocre to me, When I pulled the tape off (after 6-7 coats) i didn't get a nice edge. i plan to pick up a cas of the aerosol and touch up all the edges, Other then that I em pretty pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
well lets see the pics! What kind of tape did you use? I swear by the OLD blue painters tape but the new version is junk. Ive heard frog tape is better but its rather expensive

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used green painters tape, I think the issue was my timing, the liner was kindof tacky/rubbery when I pulled it off and probably contributed to the bad lines.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before:

Prepping

Currently (still not calling it finished till I touchup the edges with some spray to get a cleaner crisper line

I will get some better higher quality pics after I get my touching up done. the stuff is thick and tough I think, guess we will see.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think that looks pretty good. Besides he edge you Sid you really like it? I have been looking at this for a bit nd have read where you need to pull the tape while still kind of wet

Looks good though

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I really like it! I BRUSHED it on very thick, the roller made a mess, but I found the brush worked great, my only complaints is in few places you can see the brush marks, and the edges, I have bought a can of the same stuff in an aerosol and plan on retaping and doing the edges then pulling off tape right away for a crisper edge, as well as a light coat over the whole thing to touch up the texture in a few spots that the brush marks are obvious. I am also thinking on doing my front and rear bumpers in this stuff since I have so much left over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I really like it! I BRUSHED it on very thick, the roller made a mess, but I found the brush worked great, my only complaints is in few places you can see the brush marks, and the edges, I have bought a can of the same stuff in an aerosol and plan on retaping and doing the edges then pulling off tape right away for a crisper edge, as well as a light coat over the whole thing to touch up the texture in a few spots that the brush marks are obvious. I am also thinking on doing my front and rear bumpers in this stuff since I have so much left over.
how much do you have left over? I am thinking about doing this to my 2004 DC Limited, since it gets pretty beat up from my lawn business, so I am trying to figure out how much I need.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have about 1/2-3/4 of a gallon left, it went really far, I plant on scuffing up and painting my front and rear bumper in the stuff soon.

Also I highly suggest you brush on thick up to about .5-1 inches AWAY from the tape line (I kept coating untill I ran out of time, think I got about 4 coats), then come back with the aerosol can (about $7) and spray the tape so you get a nice clean tape line and a smooth transition to the old paint.

All that being said I still really like the way it turned out and now have no more body rust, I of course sanded down all the rust, patched up the one small hole I created, and scuffed up all the areas I was going to paint and then cleaned well with alcohol.

Cheers! :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
I will get some better higher quality pics after I get my touching up done. the stuff is thick and tough I think, guess we will see.
So where are they? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts