Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating it for a few weeks but i have finally made the decision to sell the truck.
My wife is pregnant with TWiiNS and I have no other source of income but mine, as she is in bed rest for complete pregnancy and will not be back to work till next year.. I need some expert advice as far as price, I have 23K miles on it, 3/1 level kit, 20in Rockstars with 33x12.5 Toyo, black front and tail lights, rock red leather,navi sys,4 mp3 cd changer, back up camera, tinted windows, ALL the bells and whistles...please help me out..there is pics on my profile..:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::(:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations!!! I have 8 month old twin boys and they are a BLAST!!! Get as much help from family as you can for the first 6 months if possible. It will be challenging at times but it quickly gets better and better. At about 5-6 month I started to wonder if things would ever get better. Just then they started to sleep longer at night and they would recognize me when I came in the room and smile. I've been in heaven ever since!!!

Sucks about the truck, good luck bro. You're doing the right thing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a friend in SB who might be very interested in the truck. He's been looking at used CrewMax Tundras and is getting an itchy trigger finger for buying one.

Email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
859 Posts
It will be challenging at times but it quickly gets better and better. At about 5-6 month I started to wonder if things would ever get better. Just then they started to sleep longer at night and they would recognize me when I came in the room and smile. I've been in heaven ever since!!!
Amen to that!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Sorry to hear about having to give up the truck, but hey, when it comes down to it, sheet metal, glass and plastic doesn't remotely compare to becoming a father! Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Congrats on the kids. Yeah, the truck won't make you father days cards for you so yeah, it may have to go. What about getting rid of her car, and maybe getting a second job? With her now home all the time, cutting out eating out may make the payments possible. And you could downgrade the things you added until you get better financially

·
Registered
13 Posts
congrats on the twins:baby::baby: Mine turned 15 a couple of months ago and have decided that they need the tundra and I can have their camry as soon as they get their drivers licenses :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
congrats on the twins:baby::baby: Mine turned 15 a couple of months ago and have decided that they need the tundra and I can have their camry as soon as they get their drivers licenses :rolleyes:
That sounds like something I would have pulled when I got my license. LOL

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Mine would not have gotten their license if that were the case.
ask them which vehicle they would prefer to explain the damage about

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Congrats on the twins! We just had our 2nd boy 3.5 weeks ago... and with my other boy being 19 months, it IS hard for awhile! We're hoping it will start getting easier in the next few weeks :)

Anyhow, sorry you have to get rid of the truck :( - sounds like it's optioned all the way, with some nice add-ons. Don't expect to get extra $$$ for your add-ons, but they seem pretty tasteful, so they shouldn't take away from the price either. Off-hand, I'd list it for around $30k. That may sound high, but since it's limited with (what sounds like) all the options, it was probably a $45k truck when you bought it??? A new 2010 SR5 CM 4x4 would probably sell for around $30-35k (after rebates), so I think $30k for yours would be reasonable.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Congrats on the twins, you are going to be in such cloud, the tundra will be just a memory !!!!!!!! good for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on the twins. For what it is worth, I think you could get between 30-32k for the truck. I just traded in my 2008 Limited CM for a 2010 and the dealer gave me 30k but I only had 18k miles, was flawless, and I knew the owner of the dealership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have twin boys who are now 13.5, it's been a lot of fun and a crew cab truck is a great family vehicle.

I personally think you will take a beating trying to sell your 2 year old truck. How much do you owe on it? I agree with the estimates of $28-30K for a retail price.

You need to drive something, right?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Man, if it wasn't black I'd offer you $45k sight unseen. Too bad.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congratulations!!! I have 8 month old twin boys and they are a BLAST!!! Get as much help from family as you can for the first 6 months if possible. It will be challenging at times but it quickly gets better and better. At about 5-6 month I started to wonder if things would ever get better. Just then they started to sleep longer at night and they would recognize me when I came in the room and smile. I've been in heaven ever since!!!

Sucks about the truck, good luck bro. You're doing the right thing.
Sounds like a blast.....wait till they are 2....fun, fun. fun!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts