Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I don't condone racing at the track, but I did race from the tree tonight, twice.

Came across a Silverado SS... loud,... redneck loud, but with power.

Sounded cammed, and he destroyed me. By the time I hit 60 he was a good 10 car lengths ahead of me. (I have about 300 lbs in the back).

Pulled up next to him at the next "tree" and asked him if it was cammed.. he said no, so I asked him what was done to it... 370 cubic inch, and nitrous. not bad. He wasn't spraying when we raced.

Then, coming back from hanging out with the girl, saw a Camaro SS. Not bad, quiet idle at the light. I nailed it, I hung with him fender to fender by 50... I thought okay, something must be up, but I'll take it. He ROMPS on it adn the front of his car practically lifts off. He did this twice. His fenders had as much gap as my fenders do.

I was impressed, but REALLY wish I were stock with a S/C.

So, Rone, if you're in KC and reading this, it's a black performance bus and a silver SS with a billet grille.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
On my way to work tonight I went to pass some stupid little car like a cavalier or something, and when I tried to pass he stepped on it and left me. If I were younger and dumber I would have stomped it. I'm sure this guy thinks he beat me. For all I know he's on some other forum bragging about how he destroyed a Tundra...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol prolly. Dude, for some reason I can't ever give you rep points. It's a curse with me and rep points on this forum.

Beats me, but I haven't been able to give you rep points for liek 3 weeks lol

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Lol prolly. Dude, for some reason I can't ever give you rep points. It's a curse with me and rep points on this forum.

Beats me, but I haven't been able to give you rep points for liek 3 weeks lol

-rockstate
I don't get how it works either. I know sometimes it tells me I can't give out any more for 24 hours or something. Sometimes it tells me I need to spread them around but man I give them to everyone. Thanks though. We need superchargers!!
EDIT: I can't give you points either!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Friggin' ridiculous. We'll start the "Help Maylon and Morning Glory get S/C" fund. I think the forum should raise money so one person in every region has a S/C lol.

I'll donate to our cause - it just won't be $5-6.5K

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
They should sell raffle tickets for a S/C...... I think we have something going here???

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the way you think...

And for being cofounders of the idea, the first two S/Cs should be on the house... for us. haha.

Anyway, I'm deucin' out for sleep.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Alright man, I still have another 5 hours of work....

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck with that man! Workin' the graveyard shift isn't any fun.

I see popo eyein' this thread.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
He's still eyeing it...

·
Registered
918 Posts
On my way to work tonight I went to pass some stupid little car like a cavalier or something, and when I tried to pass he stepped on it and left me. If I were younger and dumber I would have stomped it. I'm sure this guy thinks he beat me. For all I know he's on some other forum bragging about how he destroyed a Tundra...
I don't race but nobody does that to me. If you deserve getting passed you're getting passed even if you change your mind about how fast you want to go while I'm in the process.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Stock for stock, SS silverados are nothing to worry about. They are just as fast if not a hair slower than a crewmax. However....The aftermarket for them us ginormous. $1500 will get you deep into the 13's. A stock SS is rare now a days. They have stroker kits, nitrous kits, a few turbo and SC kits, plus a variety of bolt ons, gears, lockers/ LSDs, tstats, stalls/transmission upgrades, not to mention their numerous tuners.

Its not that hard for an N/A SS silverado with some mods to hang or beat a SC tundra. We just dont have the aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
So, Rone, if you're in KC and reading this, it's a black performance bus and a silver SS with a billet grille.

-rockstate
I'll keep an eye out for them next time I'm in KC. :devil: Sadly I won't be coming to town except for an odd day here or there over the next year.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Stock for stock, SS silverados are nothing to worry about. They are just as fast if not a hair slower than a crewmax. However....The aftermarket for them us ginormous. $1500 will get you deep into the 13's. A stock SS is rare now a days. They have stroker kits, nitrous kits, a few turbo and SC kits, plus a variety of bolt ons, gears, lockers/ LSDs, tstats, stalls/transmission upgrades, not to mention their numerous tuners.

Its not that hard for an N/A SS silverado with some mods to hang or beat a SC tundra. We just dont have the aftermarket.
Put a gold star on your monitor. :first:

Stock versus stock they would be a good match for my Gen 1 Tundra, not the 5.7.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Put a gold star on your monitor. :first:

Stock versus stock they would be a good match for my Gen 1 Tundra, not the 5.7.
Im not trying to come off as a Chevy Fan boy, just stating the facts. The 6.0 in the SS is a decent match for a 5.7 crewmax, more so than the 6.0 in the Vmax (i suspect the extra weight has something to do with this since they are the same 6.0).

When i had my 4.7 I had almost every mod available beside the s/c and throttle body spacer (because we all know those work right...lol) and although it was quick and felt fast, it wasn't. I had dual exhaust, intake, headers, IPT shift kit, and a unichip in that truck, and i know for a fact id be lucky if i was a mid to low 15 second truck. Im sorry but the 4.7 is not a decent match for the 6.0.

I know your thinking, I have a 5.7 RCSB tundra and its fast and there isnt a truck out there that can touch me....believe me i know, I have one too. That was until i started checking out other forums, looking at youtube, and frequenting the track. Very humbling. Regardless, I wouldn't trade my tundra for anything out right now.

Did I mention you can drop a 427 in an SS. redicules. It pains me to write this.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
LONG TUBE HEADERS give some GREAT POWER!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not trying to come off as a Chevy Fan boy, just stating the facts. The 6.0 in the SS is a decent match for a 5.7 crewmax, more so than the 6.0 in the Vmax (i suspect the extra weight has something to do with this since they are the same 6.0).

When i had my 4.7 I had almost every mod available beside the s/c and throttle body spacer (because we all know those work right...lol) and although it was quick and felt fast, it wasn't. I had dual exhaust, intake, headers, IPT shift kit, and a unichip in that truck, and i know for a fact id be lucky if i was a mid to low 15 second truck. Im sorry but the 4.7 is not a decent match for the 6.0.

I know your thinking, I have a 5.7 RCSB tundra and its fast and there isnt a truck out there that can touch me....believe me i know, I have one too. That was until i started checking out other forums, looking at youtube, and frequenting the track. Very humbling. Regardless, I wouldn't trade my tundra for anything out right now.

Did I mention you can drop a 427 in an SS. redicules. It pains me to write this.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Silverado SS. I raced one with my mods (before lift) and with a 300 lb friend in the back and I barely could edge him out.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I really admire your bravery for competing with these vehicles. Your 4x4 Tundra with lift and big tires and 300 lbs in the back is no match for these vehicles. Better to challenge them on a truck pull (sled pull).

Do you still have your stock 18" rims? Put small tires on them and use them for drag racing. The smaller tires will have a similar effect as having a lower gear ratio, plus they'll weigh half the weight of the big tires.:becky:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Art, I know essentially what I can and can't beat. I am always up for a run.

Hell, last week I DESTROYED a '97 M3 all the way to 100. (he needed new spark plugs, and new valve covers) but he still couldn't compete with me.

I thought he would take me from about 40+ but that was not the case.

I would like to race my buddy's Jeep Overland edition. Those things were QUICK when they were new, but he's too afraid to race me b/c of the miles (140K).

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Thanks Art, I know essentially what I can and can't beat. I am always up for a run.

Hell, last week I DESTROYED a '97 M3 all the way to 100. (he needed new spark plugs, and new valve covers) but he still couldn't compete with me.

I thought he would take me from about 40+ but that was not the case.

I would like to race my buddy's Jeep Overland edition. Those things were QUICK when they were new, but he's too afraid to race me b/c of the miles (140K).

-rockstate
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun and are a real sport. That's all that matters. I still have my 18" alloys with bad tires. One of these days I'll put some small tires on them and put them in the truck. Sure it will look like a retard but it'll drive like a rocket.:D

A member named Pullthis did this mod on his 4x4 Tundra for a sled pull competition. The reason being is that there's no other gears available for our tucks. So he just changed tire sizes. But the bad thing is, the threads are not that agressive to grab on to the loose dirt.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts