·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I may be in the same boat soon...but not a divorce. I will find out on the 22nd if I'm laid off.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Sorry about the divorce; good luck...

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I can't wait for things to turn around in general. I hate to see so many good people having it so hard. Good luck you guys...

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
That sucks man. Good luck in the divorce. I too may be in the same boat as the wife and I are separating this month. I am trying now to trade in my '07 DC for a '10 crewmax and hopefully a lower payment as I would be 7-9k positive on the trade.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
That suck man, I can't even imagine getting divorced, I feel bad for you. Sucks the truck has to go but chances are you'll have plenty more vehicles come and go over they years. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
859 Posts
When all is said and done, it's a piece of metal. Maylon is right, there will be another truck down the road. The only thing I WOULD say is really work out the numbers. When you trade something in, you essentially lose money on that asset. The more trade ins you do over a certain period of time, the more money you lose. So, when tou buy the Taco, it immediately drops in value. That wont be realized until you comne to sell it, but it is there never the less. Have you looked at refinancing? That might reduce your payment considerably. Not to mention the taco is approx 10 years old.

Really check into it man, and do it BEFORE the divorce is final. Hits your credit score. You may be able to keep your truck.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Can you refinance the truck to a longer term?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the well-wishes. I have re-financed recently and that did shave a considerable amount off, but I know this thing is gonna get really expensive and messy. I need to get a truck that would only cost me a couple hundred per month at most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts