Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I install the navagation system, is there wires going to the back of the vehicle for a rear view camera?(I have the jbl system now)
Anybody know which camera is the best to buy?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Using a '06 Limited T4R with JBL installed (added OEM Nav HU) as an example....

Wires for the camera do not exist (for the most part). First the R26 (PN#90980-12404) connector does not exist behind the HU and would need to be sourced. Wires from the R10 connector to the drivers kick panel (connector IE1) would need to be added. My '06 had wires preinstalled from IE1 to BD2 connector located under the head liner above driver's side rear quarter window, but no wires from BD2 through the rear door BH1 connector to the camera T11 connector. I spliced in all the missing wires and added the oem camera which is very nicely tucked behind the rear door bezel, but this was a lot of work to have a finished "factory" look. Most people source the R10 connect and buy a BEC-106 camera and run new wires the entire length of the vehicle to the rear door. This solution seems to work very well for most people at the fraction of the cost for a OEM factory set-up.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I installed a Pioneer Z1 nav unit with a BOYO VTL300 rear camera. This is a license plate intergrated camera with an incredible picture day and night. It comes with a 5 meter cable which I ran on the drivers side at the headliner. The biggest challange was running the wire iniside the rear lift door and into the rear of the vehicle. it just takes a little patience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts