Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys know when you have oil and filter changed at the dealer, they DO NOT grease the u-joints on the prop shaft? They even told my wife today there is nothing to grease...it's all sealed. WTF?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Did you guys know when you have oil and filter changed at the dealer, they DO NOT grease the u-joints on the prop shaft? They even told my wife today there is nothing to grease...it's all sealed. WTF?
Only the 4-wheel drive trucks have Zerk fittings on the front drive shaft. 2-wheel trucks are grease free.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm getting the same BS from my dealer with my 4wd Sequoia. The "tech" aka non-english speaking oil boy, says the shafts are sealed, no grease! I'm going in to see the service manager next week and ask him. Even though all they do is LOF stuff, they still need some rudimentary training. Now I'm even wondering if he's putting the o rings in the filter change.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i got news for you...after working at two dealerships, most of the LOFs are really just OFs....i rarely saw a tech lube anything...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Apparently my dealer does grease the propeller shaft, and they only charge $10 to do it!

I had 4 free oil changes, after my first one they said my next one would cost me $10. When I asked why the service girl said it was for greasing the propeller shaft. Anyway when I had my second oil change I told them I wasn't paying for the grease job, how can they charge for the grease when I have 4 free lube/oil/filter changes?? It seems they only grease it every 2 oil changes so I do mine myself, and I am not giving them $10 to grease 4 fittings!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently my dealer does grease the propeller shaft, and they only charge $10 to do it!

I had 4 free oil changes, after my first one they said my next one would cost me $10. When I asked why the service girl said it was for greasing the propeller shaft. Anyway when I had my second oil change I told them I wasn't paying for the grease job, how can they charge for the grease when I have 4 free lube/oil/filter changes?? It seems they only grease it every 2 oil changes so I do mine myself, and I am not giving them $10 to grease 4 fittings!!
I thought there were 5.

LeeinAZ- Mine is 4WD.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts