Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been crawling under my truck for 15 minutes looking for grease fittings. I've done a search here and it seems they are only on the 4wds.. WTF, does the 2wd not need grease?

What and where needs to be greased on a 2wd? I bought a grease gun and synthetic grease that I will take back if I can't use it. I also think I have the drive shaft slip problem when braking.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I've been crawling under my truck for 15 minutes looking for grease fittings. I've done a search here and it seems they are only on the 4wds.. WTF, does the 2wd not need grease?

What and where needs to be greased on a 2wd? I bought a grease gun and synthetic grease that I will take back if I can't use it. I also think I have the drive shaft slip problem when braking.

Any pointers would be appreciated!
"Read owners manual"
"Service Specifications Section"
take back lube and gun
please do not buy wd-40
lube anything that squeaks
take slipping drive shaft to dealer
If it aint broke don't fix it or brake it!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Read owners manual"
"Service Specifications Section"
take back lube and gun
please do not buy wd-40
lube anything that squeaks
take slipping drive shaft to dealer
If it aint broke don't fix it or brake it!!!
So should I just buy a can of grease and apply liberally? AFAIK, all the slip differential needs is grease to fix the shutter. Why would I take that to the stealership?

Any other opinions?

·
Registered
459 Posts
When I went to the dealership to get an oil change (it was a free one for not completing my dads car in 30 min or less) I was watching them do the oil change, plus it is a good chance for me to look under my truck with out crawling on my back. I asked the tech, not the guy behind the service desk, to lube up the truck. He walked around the truck and then over to me and said that they did not have the grease fittings like they did in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts