Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this article from Edmunds.com. They had a writer go undercover as a car salesman at a couple of stealerships. He tells how some dealerships work with regard to the sale and your trade-in. All the tricks and games. Well worth the read if you're thinking of buying or trading. Informative and very entertaing

"Confessions of a car salesman"

Confessions of a Car Salesman

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think that article has been there about as long as Edmunds.com itself. I remember reading it in ~2003, and yes... it's good reading. I don't believe that all salesmen are that desperate, but it's amazing how many follow the script to this day. Regardless, the guy gives a funny take on it all, so it's an easy read.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't aware it had been around that long. For guys who haven't seen it, it should still shed some light. Believe me, it still goes on. The principals of high pressure salesmanship are only recently starting to change. The internet is forcing these tactics to change.

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
wow that was a good read.... can't say I wasn't surprised but I'm more impressed with Edmunds for committing themselves to exposing the inner workings of those dealerships. Trust your gut.... and I always hate dealing with the people up in the desk.... always smell BS from them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts