Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got all those ruffled feathers back in their respected places......well, the ones that hit the floor..........nah I dont want them back....the glue is scratchie.........

Tinik is like a green egg............not so common.........but an egg is an egg is an egg.........Tinik just happens to be a green egg...........but the chick that lays him..........makes him ............ok...............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bad bad bad I know ........but I found it hard to resist this am...........

·
Admin from Hell
13,116 Posts
Well I finally got all those ruffled feathers back in their respected places......well, the ones that hit the floor..........nah I dont want them back....the glue is scratchie.........

Tinik is like a green egg............not so common.........but an egg is an egg is an egg.........Tinik just happens to be a green egg...........but the chick that lays him..........makes him ............ok...............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bad bad bad I know ........but I found it hard to resist this am...........
Huh?.............

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salty....... you had to have read them to understand...........they are back a while ago..........

I mean after all I am in a "STATE OF CONFUSION"

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Every time someone starts a sentence with .. "Green Eggs &" ... I automatically think of Sea Rats from the RVN days. ... :eek:

SOS

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Man.... PappaPS :lol:
It's cold in Alaska and it's hard to type on this iPhone. But it's nice to know that TS members remember me :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got this one started .........didn't it?.........meds and a late night for me maybe?.... after all, I am in a state of confusion.......

Well Tinik, I was in the pool yesterday..........barefoot weather here.........
Just figgered I'd rattle your cage some..........

P.S. Watch the smoke GGWOODY.................there goes your autopsy

·
NO MA'AM
2,244 Posts
This thread makes my head asplode.

~A

·
5,568 Posts
Hmm like most jokes, this one does not get any funnier when you explain it. It might be funnier if you were half drunk, but I'm working now, so I'll try to explain.

Back in July, Papa evidently didn't know about PM (private messaging) so he started a new thread on the Gen1Tundra forum to Tinik (titled, appropriately enough: Tinik) about a recent visit Tinik had made, during which evidently 1: colorful eggs were eaten 2: Tinik offered to let Papa drive his supercharged Tundra, but Papa refused on the basis that it would only fill him with envy, and 3: speaking of envy, Tinik was noted to have a hot wife.

The various responses seemed to have ruffled a few feathers, but in the end the conversation went off track into directions as diverse as how to properly cook ribs, how to keep cigars at their best, and other typical off topic tangents. This occurred mostly after one of the mods moved the thread over to OT where it belonged, along with all the other random sh!t that goes on here:D I'm not sure if Papa was offended but he might have been, but it would appear he's gotten over it.

Now, PapaPS is feeling better (possibly having taken some of the advice about what could make a joke funnier as noted above) and posted a slightly weird, stream-of-consciousness type rant (which may or may not have emerged from as stated a STATE OF CONFUSION). I thought it was funny.

So the basic thread of the OP is I'm happy now --> Tinik's visit was fun --> I got a bit ruffled by the comments but it's all cool --> Let me tell you about Tinik, he's unique, unusual, kind of like a green egg --> but the chick that lays that egg (eg: his wife) is really something, he's a lucky guy --> I'll probably regret posting this but it's funny to me.

It's funnier if you've read any James Joyce. or have been drinking. or both.

·
NO MA'AM
2,244 Posts
<snip>

I've found that the ONLY way to read Joyce is while drunk. Hard to do (legally) in high school Lit classes, but somehow I managed...

~A

PS - As soon as the points gate opens again (supposedly in 24 hours) I'll send some your way for the thorough explanation.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great explanation .........with one mistake........only one.........I didn't get my "feathers " ruffled at all.........Believe me ...............I can do my fair share of joking................
Honestly, I just wanted to stir thr pot some..........

·
5,568 Posts
Great explanation .........with one mistake........only one.........I didn't get my "feathers " ruffled at all.........Believe me ...............I can do my fair share of joking................
Honestly, I just wanted to stir thr pot some..........
Fair enough. I wasn't sure, and an internet forum is an easy way to misunderstand emotional content. You had made a comment about getting most of the feathers glued back on -- which I found funny on it's own -- anyway, you're in good company on TSOT :D

(in reference to pot stirring, that is)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
posted a slightly weird, stream-of-consciousness type rant (which may or may not have emerged from as stated a STATE OF CONFUSION). I thought it was funny

Now I don't care who you are thats funny to me...............

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Hmm like most jokes, this one does not get any funnier when you explain it. It might be funnier if you were half drunk, but I'm working now, so I'll try to explain.

Back in July, Papa evidently didn't know about PM (private messaging) so he started a new thread on the Gen1Tundra forum to Tinik (titled, appropriately enough: Tinik) about a recent visit Tinik had made, during which evidently 1: colorful eggs were eaten 2: Tinik offered to let Papa drive his supercharged Tundra, but Papa refused on the basis that it would only fill him with envy, and 3: speaking of envy, Tinik was noted to have a hot wife.

The various responses seemed to have ruffled a few feathers, but in the end the conversation went off track into directions as diverse as how to properly cook ribs, how to keep cigars at their best, and other typical off topic tangents. This occurred mostly after one of the mods moved the thread over to OT where it belonged, along with all the other random sh!t that goes on here:D I'm not sure if Papa was offended but he might have been, but it would appear he's gotten over it.

Now, PapaPS is feeling better (possibly having taken some of the advice about what could make a joke funnier as noted above) and posted a slightly weird, stream-of-consciousness type rant (which may or may not have emerged from as stated a STATE OF CONFUSION). I thought it was funny.

So the basic thread of the OP is I'm happy now --> Tinik's visit was fun --> I got a bit ruffled by the comments but it's all cool --> Let me tell you about Tinik, he's unique, unusual, kind of like a green egg --> but the chick that lays that egg (eg: his wife) is really something, he's a lucky guy --> I'll probably regret posting this but it's funny to me.

makes sense..............................to me...........................especially when..................I add.....................all of these...............(periods)..........to my thought................processes....................and res....................................ponses.........................

c............h............e.................e................r...............s...........!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If ......................all it takes ...................is ................for you ..........................to understand...........................consider it a lesson ...............in comprehention............

·
5,568 Posts
Communication isn't always only what is said, but the pauses in speech, time to reflect on what has been said and contemplation of what might yet come. So ...........a pause........... isn't always out of place in a virtual (written) conversation..............

1 - 20 of 20 Posts