Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its a fun place to camp. Wheel'in eh? Its alright. I've been there.

I think it was campsite 68? Was the best. Woke up after arriving late the previous night to a beautiful view.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Re: Green Ridge State Forest Trip "Western Maryland"

Anyone want to go to the ORV trail at Green Ridge State Forest? I Think I've heard 2WD trucks/suvs can do it. Its an 18 mile loop. Its closed right now because of heavy snow but once the snow levels go down it will re-open. I was thinking maybe Sunday March 7th. Its located about 1 hour west of Frederick MD.

Maryland DNR Forest Service - Green Ridge State Forest
I might be game for it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'd be game for a meet. May want to call and check about being open with all this snow though.

Camping trip FTW!!!

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Throw out a date, and see who bites. :fishing:

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Co worker is on vacation that weekend. Can't make it.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Doh!

I just realized, all my Saturdays in March are already booked. Sorry, looks like I can't make it at all. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have been wanting to go to the Green Ridge State Forest ORV trail, but how is it for a stock truck? I don't want to go through any really rough stuff. We should start a new thread for a trip there. Also have you been to the trails at the Frederick Watershed? I know there are a decent amount of trails there.

My truck is stock. GRF is not really a difficult trail, it just takes time to complete do to the differ terrains. Your truck will do just fine.

As far as Frederick goes, that is where I live and really those trails are no more than dirt roads. The park authorities have blocked off all fire and access trails due to people cutting deep ruts into the trails thus not letting emergence vehicles to pass. I do know of one maybe two trails that are worth wheeling, but we would be through them in 15 minutes and that would be it. Green Ridge by far is much better.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You pick the date and ill be there. Green Ridge is not that far from my house.
Ok. I'll call the park to see if they have an idea of when it will open.

My truck is stock. GRF is not really a difficult trail, it just takes time to complete do to the differ terrains. Your truck will do just fine.

As far as Frederick goes, that is where I live and really those trails are no more than dirt roads. The park authorities have blocked off all fire and access trails due to people cutting deep ruts into the trails thus not letting emergence vehicles to pass. I do know of one maybe two trails that are worth wheeling, but we would be through them in 15 minutes and that would be it. Green Ridge by far is much better.
Yeah that sucks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here ya go. Looks like they shut down till further notice.

Maryland DNR Forest Service - Green Ridge State Forest

Do you live in MD?
I go to school in Ohio and live in northern va. I pass through all of western maryland when I travel back and fourth between school and home. There are actually other 4x4 state forest designated trails in western md also, but there pretty far from frederick, like west of cumberland. I've gone hiking and mountain biking at the frederick watershed, thats how i know about that place.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Do any of the GRF trails touch the C&O Canal? That could make for some good photo OPS.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts