Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was free to stick around the shop again tonight. But instead of body work I added some lights behind the grille. I've always been a sucker for lights. I said I was going to keep them off the tundra but couldn't resist. Love the look of them in the grilles, and when i found a set of shallow 4.5" cheap lights on sale I just had to see what it would look like. Figured if all else fails they were cheap enough to scrap if I didn't like it.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Looking pretty good. I like the recent face lift you've been working on, looks different than any others. Points sent.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I need to ditch all this chrome. Maybe next weekend, got too much on my plate for this one.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Looking good. What are you using for a trigger (how are they wired)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mirror covers are painted. I used SEM spray bomb satin black. Its not the greatest painting over that plastic chrome. I usually redo it about every 3-4 months from rock chips.

The lights are just wired to a switch on the dash. Thought about using a relay with the fog lights but don't think I need them on as often as the fog lights.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I used SEM spray bomb satin black. Its not the greatest painting over that plastic chrome. I usually redo it about every 3-4 months from rock chips.
Next time we meet up and my Gen 2 is along, I'll show you the Endura medium gloss black on my bumpers and grill. :cool:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Looks real good Erki. I have always wanted to do that myself,as iv seen dodge rams in town do the same. Only thing i didnt really see any place to mount behind my grill. Did you just hang them upside down from your upper rad support? I guess you also have more room to play with cause of your grill mod, that is a sweet looking mod too.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'd throw a relay in there, I had my back up lights ran with no relay, it made the switch get too hot and I only used them to back up! The switch is not made for that kind of current apparently. I am going to throw a relay in there soon, I'll let you know if it is any better.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lights I built a bracket for which bolts to the top of the rad support. So the lights are upside down yes.

The mesh grill is custom. Similar shape to the waltrip grille though.

As for the relay, I just wired in a relay for the grille lights. Now just have to do one for the back up lights instead of just running from spliced pwr on the factory lights.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Never mind, I found it, very nice work. Is there anything else that could be used instead of plastic welder, like epoxy or something along those lines?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts