Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy a replacement OEM grille? I would like to work on a custom project to have a similar outcome to the Sport Appearance package grille.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
your best bet is the dealer. Its still a to new of a truck to find anything like that laying around. And if your trying to paint that grille, your gonna have to de-chrome it. I've done this before. You have to peal the chrome off the plastic grille because the pretty paint will peal off the chrome over time.

So instead of messing up a perfectly nice grille, go buy another one off a base Tundra that has a black grille.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your best bet is the dealer. Its still a to new of a truck to find anything like that laying around. And if your trying to paint that grille, your gonna have to de-chrome it. I've done this before. You have to peal the chrome off the plastic grille because the pretty paint will peal off the chrome over time.

So instead of messing up a perfectly nice grille, go buy another one off a base Tundra that has a black grille.
Yeah i was planning on getting the base Black OEM and then cutting/shaving off the upper and lower cross grilles plus plastic honeycomb in between, just leaving the middle cross grille with the Toyota Emblem. Have that sanded and painted to match. Then I would get some metal TRD type honeycomb and have that line-x'd and installed towards the rear of the rim. Little bit of work but I think it will look great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah i was planning on getting the base Black OEM and then cutting/shaving off the upper and lower cross grilles plus plastic honeycomb in between, just leaving the middle cross grille with the Toyota Emblem. Have that sanded and painted to match. Then I would get some metal TRD type honeycomb and have that line-x'd and installed towards the rear of the rim. Little bit of work but I think it will look great.
would love to see pics when you have it done

·
Registered
69 Posts
I paid $215 at the dealer for a factory white surround grille. It arrives this week, so my chrome grille will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know if silver is available as a replacement? How much will you asking for your chrome grille once replaced? Thanks!

I paid $215 at the dealer for a factory white surround grille. It arrives this week, so my chrome grille will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No silver from factory ,,, Here is a list ,,,,

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll sell it for $150.00 plus shipping.

The new one arrived today, but I think they made a mistake by sending me the black center grille also. So now the one I'm selling also has the center grille. The dealer had told me when I ordered it, it was the surround grille only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts