·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Of the two, grill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking that the grill would look too but I cant help but thinking it would look cheap. What do you think about that?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
both? i did billet and a bull bar on mine...

·
Registered
859 Posts
The extra weight of the bull bar will cost 10 mpg. If Barney did not have one, he would easy be getting over 50. :)

Seriously, its a matter of what you like. If you think the grill will look cheap, then, regardless of whther or not it does in fact look cheap, you will FEEL like it is cheap and wish you got the bull bar. I thinkthe right grill looks anything but cheap. But, a bull bar does look cool too. And when Rock comes on here, he is gonna tell you to get a ranch hand probably!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
. And when Rock comes on here, he is gonna tell you to get a ranch hand probably!

Hey, you took the words out of my mouth :D It kills two birds with one stone and at a fraction of the price too! Offers like 8 times the protection of a bullbar, and comes with an aftermarket mesh grille too :p

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
How much are Ranch hands?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had the same problem deciding, but I went with the Bull Bar. Havent regretted it yet, I love the look that it gives the tundra, and honestly without the grill I have a good chrome/black combo to my truck that was completely unintentional.
Do what makes you smile the biggest. Good luck.

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Everyone has the bull bars... consider something else. You should get a 2010 limited grill which I think is better than most aftermarket ones. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Hey, you took the words out of my mouth :D It kills two birds with one stone and at a fraction of the price too! Offers like 8 times the protection of a bullbar, and comes with an aftermarket mesh grille too :p

-rockstate
im thinking more like 800 times better protection...my bull bar surely provides no protection..its thin walled stainless steel and bolts on with two bolts per side. but, as ive stated before, for crash dynamics thats the way i want it. :)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
450+~50 for install.

-rock
Man that's cheaper than I would have guessed. I'd probably get one if it weren't for the 5100's. I'm sure it couldn't handle the extra weight...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i will get both eventually but I am getting one of the two for Christmas this year. I think i will get the grille since it is more expensive. It will be easier for me to afford a bull bar than a grille.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Man that's cheaper than I would have guessed. I'd probably get one if it weren't for the 5100's. I'm sure it couldn't handle the extra weight...
Well ironically, my neighbor got into an accident a few weeks ago with his F150 with HD brush guard and got a Summit Series Ranch Hand out of the insurance.

Just got it last night and it didn't sag the truck much. He was nose high, now he's about level. I'm pretty sure he's got 5100s.. but he doesn't know much about the truck... just that he puts money into it.

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Well ironically, my neighbor got into an accident a few weeks ago with his F150 with HD brush guard and got a Summit Series Ranch Hand out of the insurance.

Just got it last night and it didn't sag the truck much. He was nose high, now he's about level. I'm pretty sure he's got 5100s.. but he doesn't know much about the truck... just that he puts money into it.

-rockstate
I really want one but I'm afraid if I sag then I'll be rubbing. I may try to email bilstein and see what they say. If I end up getting coilovers I'll definitely get one. Thanks for the info Rock.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I really want one but I'm afraid if I sag then I'll be rubbing. I may try to email bilstein and see what they say. If I end up getting coilovers I'll definitely get one. Thanks for the info Rock.
No prob.

The way I see it is this..

Ranch Hand brush guard - 112 lbs (maybe .25" sag on stock suspension)
Factory bumper and bumper components - about 30-40 lbs, yes?

Now, the Summit series weighs about 180 lbs.

Let me know what they say.

And I'll snag a pic of the F150 next time I walk by it (in about an hour if he's not at work protecting and serving)

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
No prob.

The way I see it is this..

Ranch Hand brush guard - 112 lbs (maybe .25" sag on stock suspension)
Factory bumper and bumper components - about 30-40 lbs, yes?

Now, the Summit series weighs about 180 lbs.

Let me know what they say.

And I'll snag a pic of the F150 next time I walk by it (in about an hour if he's not at work protecting and serving)

-rockstate
I just talked to Shane at Bilstein West and he said 150lbs would cause them to sag maybe .25". So I'm thinking that a ranch hand is now on my short list of mods....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Get the grille, bull bars are really a waste of money in my opinion, there sure as hell not gonna protect your truck in a collision unless you bump a shopping cart at 2mph. The biggest downfall to most bull bars are you either loose your skid plate or two hooks, tow very important things id never give up! You never know when you might need those tow hooks bro, even if all you do is drive on the highway.

Im voting grille

1 - 20 of 28 Posts