Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI. I emailed Ground Force, company that makes lowering kits for those that dont already know, and they said they were planning a kit for the 07 Tundra, they just need a truck for R & D. Anybody up around Mt. Braddock, PA should give them a call, (724) 430-2068.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anymore info on the belltech one? price, were to find etc.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Ground Force Kit has been out for a few months now. I like it because I wasn't looking to slam the truck and lose everyday real world drive-ability. Plus the new rear leafs stay over the axle so you can still haul and tow, just not to the max capabilities of a stock truck. Here's a pic of mine.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I wish they would come out with just the rear shackles that I'll do 2" drop.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dropping the rear with 'shackles only' is going to be virtually impossible. The stock shackles are already as short as they can be.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Ground Force Kit has been out for a few months now. I like it because I wasn't looking to slam the truck and lose everyday real world drive-ability. Plus the new rear leafs stay over the axle so you can still haul and tow, just not to the max capabilities of a stock truck. Here's a pic of mine.
Looks really nice. What size tire did you go with?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your truck does look nice!
I have been considering the Ground Force package for my truck, which is the same model and color as yours.
How would you describe the ride and handling as compared to the stock suspension?
I did add the TRD Rear Sway Bar to mine. It does seem to lean less, on the bends, without affecting the ride much at all. I expect that I would have to modify the Sway Bar to maintain the correct geometry after lowering the truck.

regards,

gad

·
Registered
404 Posts
can I use the 2-4 GroundForce kit on my 4x4? or is it for 4x2 only? I have the TRD suspension if that matters. I didnt really care for it but it came with the truck that had everything else i wanted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks really nice. What size tire did you go with?
I went with 285/45VR-22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X. I really wanted 305's for that full 12" contact patch but didn't want to deal with rubbing or changing the offset.

Your truck does look nice!
I have been considering the Ground Force package for my truck, which is the same model and color as yours.
How would you describe the ride and handling as compared to the stock suspension?
I did add the TRD Rear Sway Bar to mine. It does seem to lean less, on the bends, without affecting the ride much at all. I expect that I would have to modify the Sway Bar to maintain the correct geometry after lowering the truck.

regards,

gad
The sway bar needs no modification as I had one installed prior to the drop and it was a non-issue after the drop. The kit really made a huge difference in handling. Even with the 18" TRD rims w/BFG's, which I rode around with for a week, the lower stance gives the truck a much more stable(not that it was unstable stock) and aggressive feel. The ride even with the 22's is tight but not rough. There is no more wallow and hardly any body roll. The rim and tire combo hurt the ride more than the lowered suspension, but after I put them on I thought "Man this truck makes 22's look small!"

That pic is at a bad angle cause it looks way better in person. Also this kit leaves a little extra height(about an inch) in the rear where as most of the other kits bring the rear level which gives an overall appearance of drag'n a$$ to me.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
I'm looking forward to somene building a full on Ford Lighting and Dodge SRT killer especially when the TRD Super charger is released. :tu:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I also think that lowering the rear further is too much. I have actually considered lifting the rear, about an inch, after installing the Ground Force kit. Time will tell!

I did post an Excel spread sheet, on tundrasolutions, which calculates clearances and rakes for selectable amounts of front and rear drop for those who may have use for it.

Thanks again, it is good to "go to school" or real experience.

regards,

gad

·
Registered
482 Posts
I went with 285/45VR-22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X. I really wanted 305's for that full 12" contact patch but didn't want to deal with rubbing or changing the offset.

The sway bar needs no modification as I had one installed prior to the drop and it was a non-issue after the drop. The kit really made a huge difference in handling. Even with the 18" TRD rims w/BFG's, which I rode around with for a week, the lower stance gives the truck a much more stable(not that it was unstable stock) and aggressive feel. The ride even with the 22's is tight but not rough. There is no more wallow and hardly any body roll. The rim and tire combo hurt the ride more than the lowered suspension, but after I put them on I thought "Man this truck makes 22's look small!"

That pic is at a bad angle cause it looks way better in person. Also this kit leaves a little extra height(about an inch) in the rear where as most of the other kits bring the rear level which gives an overall appearance of drag'n a$$ to me.
Cepter, so the I could still leave my TRD sway bar on with the Ground force kit? I also thought about doing a mild drop but not have that slammed look. I would love to see this kit with the factory 20's. Here's my current setup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts