Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on 'blacking out' my Tundra. Another step along the way would be to tint the rear taillights and the 3rd brake light. I've considered the spray-on Night Shades paint, but after further thought I would rather not go the 'rattle can' route. I used Lamin-X on my Yaris sedan (Smoke - 17%) and I'm happy with the results, not too dark. I looked at Lamin-X for my Tundra ($59.95 + $17.95 for a universal section for the 3rd brake light), but the install rating is a '5', which is the most difficult. Not really sure I want to take that on. My Yaris has never been through a carwash so I don't how the Lamin-X tint would hold up with high pressure water blasting on them. The Tundra might see a car wash from time to time, again a concern. I found the GT Styling taillight covers ($70.98), but I'm a little worried they would be too dark and attract the attention of local law enforcement.

Does anyone have pictures on their trucks of the GT Styling covers? I wish they offered them in different degrees of tint! Has anyone done the Lamin-X on their taillights? Comments on the degree of difficulty? I've also thought about asking if an automotive window tinting shop would do the taillights. Haven't made any phone calls yet on that.

Shoot, not sure what to do. :confused:

· Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, meant to add a pic so you can see what I'm looking at. Looks pretty clean for a "stick on" with velcro. Here's one I found on Amazon for the GT4317 cover:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.