Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that carry, I have found that the compartment under the front bench seat perfectally fits my Glock in her case. As well as three boxes of ammo, thanks again Toyota!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have one of those keypad operated vaults cablelocked to the seat frame in the rear of my DC. Can just lift the seat up to access, plus it is locked. So a good place to secure my weapon if I am going to a place where I can't carry.

IMHO, just sticking it in the compartment or in the center console is not the best idea. Especially if your vehicle is broken into and the weapon stolen and used in a crime.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
A good hiding place for a small weapon or other small valuables is under the cup holders. Open the map storage compartment reach down and lift out the cup holder. The two center overhead compartments are good for keeping a weapon within quick reach. My M&P Compact fits in there nicely...just release the door and it swings down nicely.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMHO, just sticking it in the compartment or in the center console is not the best idea. Especially if your vehicle is broken into and the weapon stolen and used in a crime.
Thats why I only have it there when I drive, otherwise shes secured on my hip:tu:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A good hiding place for a small weapon or other small valuables is under the cup holders. Open the map storage compartment reach down and lift out the cup holder. The two center overhead compartments are good for keeping a weapon within quick reach. My M&P Compact fits in there nicely...just release the door and it swings down nicely.
That would definetly be nice, unfortunetly my 23 is to big to fit up there. How do you like your M&P?

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
I always keep the Taurus 850 close to my heart, but it is always nice to learn of a new place to carry!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
There are several older threads related to this subject. Some pix of mounted holsters, vaults, etc. Get us a pic of your set-up Steady. Same for any of the others that have not piped in on the older threads. :director:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I also have a keypad safe that I thought I needed and bought at a gunshow, and have yet to install it ina vehicle. Under the rear seat seems like a good place to secure a weapon when you can't carry, but I han't decided where to carry when I'm driving. I'm thinking in the door pocket, covered with something. I would have to reach for it weak hand, but that's not as obvious as reaching to open a compartment. Security is an important issue that I havn't thought about with the new truck. I have had a pistol stolen out of a different truck, and it's a real PITA.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I also have a keypad safe that I thought I needed and bought at a gunshow, and have yet to install it ina vehicle. Under the rear seat seems like a good place to secure a weapon when you can't carry, but I han't decided where to carry when I'm driving. I'm thinking in the door pocket, covered with something. I would have to reach for it weak hand, but that's not as obvious as reaching to open a compartment. Security is an important issue that I havn't thought about with the new truck. I have had a pistol stolen out of a different truck, and it's a real PITA.
I find the door pocket less than ideal to access, mainly because the door handle/rest dooda and the seat make the angle difficult. Those overhead compartments as mentioned in earlier posts are good for a smaller weapon. I sometime put the holster between the seat and console and cover it for access inside the truck. But to be honest, I often just shuffle ithe whole setup forward on my hip so it isn't stuck behind the seatbelt and leave it there. Not ideal really, but better than it being in a box.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
For those of you that carry, I have found that the compartment under the front bench seat perfectally fits my Glock in her case. As well as three boxes of ammo, thanks again Toyota!
Now we're talking. :devil: Guns&Trucks. :tu:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My right hand Fobus clips onto the left door pocket nicely. I just throw a clean shop towel over it so it doesn't stand out when I open the door. Like mentioned, it's weak hand, but I think that being inside the truck would give me enough time to draw it without too many issues. I only carry like this on long trips/questionable neighborhoods. When I have to buy gas in a really rough neighborhood, I move it to the crack in the front split bench, lock the doors and instruct my wife to fire until they stop moving...should that need arise. (Walther P99)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
There are several older threads related to this subject. Some pix of mounted holsters, vaults, etc. Get us a pic of your set-up Steady. Same for any of the others that have not piped in on the older threads. :director:
Here's a few of the older threads, might provide some more ideas. I rarely carry a gun on me because I work on an AF base and you can't carry weapons there.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/178326-looking-good-way-mount-my-gun/?highlight=gun
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...carry-in-08-dc-tundra/?highlight=pistol+glock
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/162067-where-to-mount-pistol/?highlight=pistol

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Here a a few pics of my magnetic mount and one of my center glove box 357 paddle holster mount.........

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here a a few pics of my magnetic mount and one of my center glove box 357 paddle holster mount.........
Very nice set-up, your ready to roll if need be!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts