Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving along the US101 today and we saw a brand new CL55 AMG and we were oogling it in the next lane over... Well this guy caught site of the Tundra that was pretty much dwarfing his 160k dollar car and he does a double take... and then he pats his wifes lap excitedly and my fiance reads these words coming out of his mouth while he is pointing also very excitely... "HONEY LOOK IT. ITS THE NEW 07 TUNDRA!!!!"

I feel kinda wierd getting all this attention especially when that guy could have bought my Tundra about 4 times over for what he paid for his German product...

I kinda like it :)

That is all

-Alex

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
:tu: Nice, the best ive gotten thus far other than just staring is a guy in a blue Scion literally had his head stuck out the drivers window looking at it as i drove by. I was actually worried he might just run smack into the car in front of him cause he wasnt paying any attention to anything else other than my truck. It did improve my day though. :D

·
Registered
528 Posts
Gotta love the attention! The first time I took the truck to Costco....there was a crowd of folks around it when I came out of the store.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i took mine to the dunes this weekend ( before i got hit ) and everyone in a toyota stopped and had to talk to me when i was at camp. was pretty sweet. also a side note, these trucks will make it up test hill in 4hi with the tires aired down....:devil:

·
Registered
440 Posts
how did you find it handles the dunes?

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
I recently removed all the factory Toyota and Tundra badges from my DC Limited 4x4. I replaced them with some custom chrome badges which are made by the same OEM provider. Where it used to say "Tundra" it now says "Coyote" and where it used to say "Limited" it now says "Wile E." I also added two small black vinyl decals of Wile E. Coyote's head above each "Wile E." logo, and one larger decal on the back tailgate above the "4x4" emblem. It really looks sharp and just like factory without being overdone or cheap looking. Pics to come soon after I finish my other mods this week.

So now the attention I had been getting for the Tundra has turned into confusion. I stopped at a garage to get a part last week and some of the mechanics were inspecting it when I came out. I heard one of them say "I didn't know they made a Coyote..."

My wife brought up what a police officer might have to report: "Show me out with a dark brown Coyote, model Wile E., for speeding..." Pretty funny. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
...I replaced them with some custom chrome badges which are made by the same OEM provider...
I didn't know ACME made the Tundra badges. You still get all your products from ACME, right? :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Waiting for the next guy who picks out a blue crewmax and changes all the logos to read "Roadrunner" ;)

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
175 Posts
how did you find it handles the dunes?
it did pretty good. it was a lil heavy and the tires were the factory ones so i didnt go waaay out there, but it climbed the hill with minimal effort. :tu:

on the way back from test going over the razor back to the right of "stuck it " i hit it going a little too fast and got the front end off the ground..:devil: still drove fine after that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts