Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted mesh part black..WOW what a difference..

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
422 Posts
I like the mesh grilles, but I can't get over the fact the horns stick out like sore thumbs. One of those "things you can't unsee". maybe some flat black paint on them would help.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Great job! Looks much better! Great cheap mod!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Looks like you did a good job :), but I kinda liked it better in its original form. Now it almost looks like the stock grille? Maybe with a black surround it would look even more sporty!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Maybe with a black surround it would look even more sporty!
X 2 !! That, and X 2 on painting the horns & whatever else is back there in flat-black!

I want that same grill for my truck to try it out... first in chrome, then in black if the chrome doesn't work. Where'd u get it again?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Looks like you did a good job :), but I kinda liked it better in its original form. Now it almost looks like the stock grille? Maybe with a black surround it would look even more sporty!

Yeah, Im agreeing on this! Nice thought though!!!:beavbutt:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks pretty sick.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i kinda like the look before but then again it looks kinda rapper in a chrysler 300 with 26's style....but the black looks good too....maybe move the horns?? i think they are flat black to begin with arent they? if so painting them flat black probally wont do anything.

the question i have is, how did you paint it? i would be afraid with it being chrome to begin with, and given the material it would be next to impossible to properly and it ALL down even in the tight areas and prime and paint so it wont chip from rocks and bugs over time...let us know how it holds up

·
Registered
918 Posts
The grill surround should be next weekend's project. But this was an excellent mod in and of itself.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I like the mesh grilles, but I can't get over the fact the horns stick out like sore thumbs. One of those "things you can't unsee". maybe some flat black paint on them would help.
I removed mine and moved them down behind the bumper. I dont even have a mesh grill yet but they still bothered me.

-Tim

·
Registered
546 Posts
Looks awesome. I wonder how often you are gonna have to re-paint it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts