Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE: My mechanic gave the truck a big thumb's up -- the dealer agreed to further drop the price to $12,500.00 -- and take care of some little things (headlight bulb, rear brake adjustment, new battery and a few other things.

Now I'm still hemming and hawing over it.

Advice ?
--------------------

Hey friends. I am considering buying a 2006 Tundra and I can buy it for $14K. It has 67,000 miles and looks really clean. The dealer is sketchy but the truck is really nice.

I am taking it to my mechanic on Tuesday - anyone have any suggestions for me?

I did a Carfax and Carproof search and both came up clean.

Here's the online ad - loads of pictures.

Used, Toyota Tundra 2006, Regina, Gold, Pre-owned from Car Dealerships on sale

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I should give you some new details - They have accepted my offer of $13,500, pending my mechanic's inspection. Also, I live in Canada, but this dealership imported this truck from California - so it has 67,000KMs on it, so that's about 109,000 KMs. It says in the ad that it has alloy wheels. It doesn't - steel wheels and plastic hubcaps. It's an automatic. Also, there are no fog lights but there are spaces where they should go. Also, there is no hitch and no evidence to suggest there ever was one, and no infrastructure under the rear end.

Thanks for everyone's comments - keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It is the V6, not the V8

with no options ....

not a very desirable truck in my opinion

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
^^^True but it is only 12,500 as well. How practical is a 2wd in Regina??? Average snowfall=105.9cm of snowfall? :confused:
Yeah, they get snow, but it's so flat there you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. If you buy it, get some snows on those cheap rims and get some nice rubber on some aftermarket rims in the spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts