1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
what a waste of a truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Must be they did not work all that well. The listing says he paid $350 for them and he has them listed for $1.:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
this is exactly what I've been looking for!! now I can put the awesome dodge stockers on my tundra!!! :/

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Maybe I'm missing an inside joke, but these are actually very cool and useful?

Instead of being limited to the very few wheels that come in 5x150, you can now exploit a much more common lug pattern. I looked into something similar, but it was a different 5 lug pattern. Make fun of Dodge, but I think we're kinda the asshats riding on such an uncommon lug pattern...

Good adapters are solid billet and don't compromise your stock lug studs. Many aftermarket wheel manufacturers make awesome wheels for the Dodge that they DON'T make for the Tundra...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Maybe I'm missing an inside joke, but these are actually very cool and useful?

Instead of being limited to the very few wheels that come in 5x150, you can now exploit a much more common lug pattern. I looked into something similar, but it was a different 5 lug pattern. Make fun of Dodge, but I think we're kinda the asshats riding on such an uncommon lug pattern...

Good adapters are solid billet and don't compromise your stock lug studs. Many aftermarket wheel manufacturers make awesome wheels for the Dodge that they DON'T make for the Tundra...
Yeah I was wondering if I was missing the joke too... Just seems to me like this would allow you to use a more common lug pattern...

·
Registered
375 Posts
the fact that they are sayin they are using dodge spec wheels is a joke... but the fact that they can use other rims that arent offered for the tundra is sweet!
i dont know if id ever trust the wheel adapters or spacers though.

oh and on a side note. those rims look really good on the tundra, i kinda like them

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm sorry but those 26's don't belong on there with the lift. It would look ok if it was lowered. But that is a waste of a truck. Some people have no common sense, if he wanted a Dodge then why not buy a dodge?

·
Registered
598 Posts
This is what it says in the ebay listing...

Up for bid are some custom made adapters for a 2007 and newer Toyota Tundra. They convert from 5x150 to 5x139.7 or 5x5.5. Which will allow you to find a greater variety of wheels for your Toyota. They are hubcentric which means the wheels will not vibrate. They are 1.5" thick and made of CNC Precision Machined 6061 Billet Aluminum. I paid $350 looking for a fraction of that. Good luck bidding!!!

This makes perfect sense to me guys. I don't know why this is confusing to some of the posters. We are very limited to our wheel selection compared to the big 3. These adapters open up a lot of aftermarket wheel choices to us, and I mean a lot. This isn't so you can buy stock Dodge wheels and put them on your Tundra. I don't know why some of you thought that. Silly birds!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Rims are nice... I think if he had Ram stockers on his Tundra, then I think it would be funny. But since he doesn't, I agree with the others... seems he did it for versatility and not because he wanted a Dodge. I doubt the members who are doing the "BMW style" lights mod are doing it because they want a BMW. :D http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/170024-diy-bmw-style-leds-door-handles/

I also can't seem to grasp the concept of big rims or a lowered truck as a waste. If he can haul what ever he needs to, is it still a waste? What about a person who buys a sports/muscle car and doesn't race it, would it be a waste because he is limited to what's posted on the Speed Limit sign? What constitutes as a vehicle being a waste if it can still get the person from point A to B with or without a load. I know... I know... the only thing wasted is my time with this response. :rolleyes: ;)

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
This is what it says in the ebay listing...

Up for bid are some custom made adapters for a 2007 and newer Toyota Tundra. They convert from 5x150 to 5x139.7 or 5x5.5. Which will allow you to find a greater variety of wheels for your Toyota. They are hubcentric which means the wheels will not vibrate. They are 1.5" thick and made of CNC Precision Machined 6061 Billet Aluminum. I paid $350 looking for a fraction of that. Good luck bidding!!!

This makes perfect sense to me guys. I don't know why this is confusing to some of the posters. We are very limited to our wheel selection compared to the big 3. These adapters open up a lot of aftermarket wheel choices to us, and I mean a lot. This isn't so you can buy stock Dodge wheels and put them on your Tundra. I don't know why some of you thought that. Silly birds!!!
The idea is fine, but I would be a little suspicious of the result.:cool:
Adding a 1-1/2" offset to the wheels is going to result in some fender clearance issues that will be difficult to get rid of unless you can find rims with a compensating offset. The rears might be OK, but the fronts will have a lot of problems with front and rear clearance.:eek:

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
^^It sure as hell wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts