Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using one that they move from vehicle to M/C to boat? Which one are you using? Is it best to just use a regular Nuvi type unit for the car, and the handheld for the others? I'm looking at the Garmin Oregon series. Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use a Garmin 60csx for my motorcycle, in the truck and when hiking. I find the topo maps are good enough to navigate roads, but if you're looking for some thing that tells you exactly where to go and knows every street name, those are usually not the best units. However, for everything else, the 60csx has been bulletproof over the last 4 years, and I've put it through a lot on the dirt bike and several hundred miles of backcountry hiking. Never missed a beat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that the 60csx is the standard to measure the others by. I missed out on the recent sales, may look at it's replacement, the 62.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are so many choices when it comes to selecting a handheld unit,but recommend you some of my personal favourites like Garmin NUVI 465 T and GPS Planet.I use GPS Planet for my truck which has Geocaching and mapping facility.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Oregon 450, bought it without the maps since I was able to download torrents of the entire Bluechart Americas and Topo maps, as well as City navigator, yes all for free. I can't remember the website but I'm sure I can find it. Anyway I used it on the road, then on the boat, it works great especially since you can overlay google map images or whatever aerials you want onto it for free. I was hesitant about the touchscreen at first but I like it a lot. Trust me you can find all the maps you need online. I have different profiels on it so when i'm on the road it uses the navigator and has the 3d view like the Nuvi's have, then the Marine profile which uses the Bluechart maps, and also another which uses the US Topo for when I'm in the marsh. I would recommend it. We used to have the GPSMAP 76 I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts