Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the 255/70-18 Duelers on my 08 DC 4x4 and they lasted 26,000 miles. I do have a LRO leveling kit and stock steel wheels. The duelers rode great and were quiet, but they did not like fast cornering or wet grass. Not to mention their inability offroading.

I wanted General Grabbers but they were on back order. Then I wanted the Nitto Dune Grapplers but they too were not availible. My tire guy sold me on a set of the Hankooks and I came home and reviewed them for the day and a half that ti took them to come in.

I am an anal person who demands the best when it comes to my vehicles and I was very unsure about these tires even though I could not find a bad review on them. I had these tires put on and drove 60 miles to get the alignment tweaked if needed and I thought for a second there that my Grandma had handed the "CADDY" keys over to me. I guess I'm a little beside myself because the stability of the tundra is better than I ever thought possible. I thought the extra width would make for a bumpy ride but to the contrary, BUTTA. I rock 40 series Flowmasters so I DynaMatted the truck: floorboards, roof, doors, etc......And the JLAUDIO's are always on too. I rolled my window down and begged my son to stop singing smile just to see if I could hear roaring at numerous speeds but found no audible traits that SHOULD be connected with this somewhat aggressive AT pattern. After the alignment I aired up to 38 psi and drove on home.

It's deer season here so I went and did some delimbing early in the morning. On the way out, that grassy hill I always have to turn a knob to get up, was traversed in 2wd with out any slip or spin. The grass was wet too. I only have about 600 miles on these tires but they are very impressive thus far. I don't feel like I got gotten either for I only paid $735 out the door. Hope this saves someone a couple hundred dollars. My bud just got some BFG AT's and them things are loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have them as well, in 20 inch and love them too. I don't have many miles yet either but so far I'm very happy with them. I wish I could have plus sized them up one but with the 20 inch wheels there just wasn't the room, (without a lift) anyway I'm not ready for that.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
P rated or LT? I looked at the Hankooks before I pulled the trigger on the BFG's. I ended up getting the BFG's in 275 70 18 for about 100 more than the Hankooks in 275 65 18's. Overall, the road noise is minimal in my truck. These are LT tires and E rated. The traction is not as good as the duelers on pavement, but off road is, of course, night and day. Still have yet to see any snow with them. Glad you're enjoying your new tires. :tu:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bud has a F150 and as good as the BFG's are, they can't possibly make up for all thats lacking in that set up. They are far from being his weak link. The driver prolly is LOL>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LT. I pull a bass boat once a week and go four wheeling all the time. Have been known to haul a pallet of sod from time to time. They weigh a metric tonne.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have them but 285x65x18....ive got about 25k on them now and still have about 60% tread left. after these i'll prolly get the MT's

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I've had a set on my 4X2 CM since March. I have the stock sized 18's (the smaller size) and I'm pretty happy with them. The tread looks much more aggressive than the Bridgestone HT so I was concerned about the road noise. They aren't any louder than the stock tires. Haven't had them in hard driving rain or snow yet, just showers and packed snow, even then they were OK. The big reason why I got them is because of the price. They were much less than any of the big name tires.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I heard P rated has weak bulging sidewalls as compared to LT in the HANKOOK RF 10?

I was looking for P RATED for folks 4runner due to street 95% and know these kooks are quite and look good.
I have MICH AT/2 and they seem not to be bulging with the P rated TIRES.

Don't want a rough ride and was looking at P RATED DUE TO THE 50,000 MILE warranty.

Other ones are the TOYO A/T O.C. as choice in the P rated again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had mine for almost two years and through a couple good snows. They have held up good, over 20,000 miles and lot of tread left. I have started to get a little more road noise from them but I drive a lot of gravel roads, still for under $200 a tire they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'll probably be getting a set of these in a few months...

Where did you get them for that price? Did that price include mounting/balancing?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
P or e rated?

i have had mine for almost two years and through a couple good snows. They have held up good, over 20,000 miles and lot of tread left. I have started to get a little more road noise from them but i drive a lot of gravel roads, still for under $200 a tire they are hard to beat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts