Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the rear one built a few years ago by Wayne Hanson, (see my old posts) the front built last year and the sliders put on at that time. Full kit now, moved out of the snow, but have the winch mount in-place in case I get back up there. Still 1/4 inch steel, still hand-made with all the radius (corners) done free-hand, still take forever to build, and still one of a kind. The rock sliders came from Demello and Wayne Hanson cleaned up the welds before mounting them. Bullet-proof, now if I could only bring myself to throw on some larger rim/tire it would be more of an eye-catcher, but I love the acceleration of the 18"ers. BTW, I have the old giant aluminum skid plate, the driving lights, and the steel bumper assembly behind the plastic bumper, anyone need 'em?
View attachment 81741 Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Bumper Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like both bumpers, nice work there.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Out of all the bumpers I've seen for the 2nd gen, these are by far the best I've seen, IMO. Low profile (not bulging out), very low key (rear almost looks like it could be stock), functional and provides the needed protection one would look for in an aftermarket bumper. Two thumbs up to Mr. Hanson! :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I like em! Looks great. Might look better in black.......and you need some meaty tires for that beast!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wildbill, yer right about the tires, and I'm on the fence about giving up the performance- I was waiting to put the supercharger on, and then throw on some meats! The back used to be black (see old posts), but I was going for a darker grey than what the powdercoater came out with, just to be a lil' special, oh well! Wayne Hanson sure makes great stuff, and it's all one-off, except some stuff he was doing for Bronco owners. There is another guy that uses the Hanson name down in the Bakersfield area, but Wayne is the original, and he is at [email protected] , 1054, unit H, Terven Ave. Salinas CA. 93901.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very nice, glad I found your post. I had a nice Wayne Hanson bumper for my Jeep in 2005, didn't know he had done a Tundra before. Both bumpers look great, I think the front looks a lot like an ARB Sahara (which I'm considering). It's nice to know there is another (custom) option.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I like the rear bumper, would like something like that myself. How much did it run you?
I agree that grey is just not right. Maybe gunmetal if you get some wheels to match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts