Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I am impressed with every feature of the 2007 Tundras except one, I am now even more attached to my 2004. I've been a Tundra owner from the start in 2000. I was the first to own one in my city and I have never thought I would ever own any other truck. Well....they lost me with the body design. My dealer says they grow on you and I have really tried to convince myself that I like it. Should you have to convince yourself you like it or it will grow on you? My previous Tundras made me want one from the moment I laid eyes on it without knowing alot of specific details. I still find myself admiring my 2004 (which is a 3 year old work truck) and thinking "damn that's a sharp lookin' truck".
My only hope now is Toyota makes another change in the future and produces another "love at first sight" truck for me. Maybe I can figure a way to put that awesome drivetrain in the 2007 under my 2004 body?:)
A bonus is the 2004-2006 Double Cabs will be worth a good dollar in the future...I might have to start taking better care of mine:)
I'll keep you posted...looks like I'll be making a "Toyota commercial" out of my 2004 and putting 2 million miles on it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know exactly how you feel!

Brought a tear to my eye last week looking at my 2004 shiny black debadged Texas Edition Access Cab, with its 16" Aluminum Enkei Rims, Michelin MTS raised white letter 285/75's, brushed aluminum running boards, fender flairs, custom pinstripe, body molding, bug shield, fog lights, color matched bumper, bed liner, tow package, sliding rear window, dealer installed borla exhaust, alpine stereo with only 50k miles sitting on a ramp for all to see and come buy...But as I fired up the 5.7 in the '07 all was right in the world!

As much as I am impressed with every feature of the 2007 Tundras except one, I am now even more attached to my 2004. I've been a Tundra owner from the start in 2000. I was the first to own one in my city and I have never thought I would ever own any other truck. Well....they lost me with the body design. My dealer says they grow on you and I have really tried to convince myself that I like it. Should you have to convince yourself you like it or it will grow on you? My previous Tundras made me want one from the moment I laid eyes on it without knowing alot of specific details. I still find myself admiring my 2004 (which is a 3 year old work truck) and thinking "damn that's a sharp lookin' truck".
My only hope now is Toyota makes another change in the future and produces another "love at first sight" truck for me. Maybe I can figure a way to put that awesome drivetrain in the 2007 under my 2004 body?:)
A bonus is the 2004-2006 Double Cabs will be worth a good dollar in the future...I might have to start taking better care of mine:)
I'll keep you posted...looks like I'll be making a "Toyota commercial" out of my 2004 and putting 2 million miles on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts