Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In one of my earlier posts, I was trying to decide between the Tundra and the Silverado. After hundreds of hours spent reading this forum, driving both vehicles, and letting go of my GM allegience, I just ordered my crewmax today. Thanks to everyone for their input including happy GM owners:tu: . They are both fine trucks! My CM should be here within 14 days and I will park it next to my wife's RAV 4.:ts:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure the Tundra won't let you down. BTW, what model/configuration CrewMax did you order?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I ordered the 5.7 Slate TRD option in Canada. I looked at the Limited but the price jump of $7000 was just too steep. I am always amazed once you have made your decision (without rushing in), how you feel relieved and eager to start driving the new Tundra. One of the signs that pushed me away from my current Sierra was last weekend when my dad and I drove up island to get my brother a Tacoma. We have been a GM family all our lives until my dad retired and shocked everyone by buying an Audi. As we were driving up my Sierra (62K) decided to start offering AC to my dad while I got blasting heat. A few other items started popping up as well and I thought "great just as I run out of warranty":confused:. I can't wait to load the kids and hit the interior of British Columbia. As a side note, if any of you folks get a chance, come see beautiful British Columbia:) We have great wine tours, fresh water lakes for swimming or fishing, and then you can see our friends in Alberta (Rockies).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good choice...you won't regret it! I didn't even drive a Chevy before pullling the trigger on Tundra. Did not like the look of the new chevy style.

·
Registered
237 Posts
In one of my earlier posts, I was trying to decide between the Tundra and the Silverado. After hundreds of hours spent reading this forum, driving both vehicles, and letting go of my GM allegience, I just ordered my crewmax today. Thanks to everyone for their input including happy GM owners:tu: . They are both fine trucks! My CM should be here within 14 days and I will park it next to my wife's RAV 4.:ts:
Good decision:tu: Your going to love the Crewmax. Your getting the 5.7l V8...right:tu:

Cheers:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Hockydad, how did you get a delivery date of 14 days? I live in Alberta and my Crewmax was ordered 2 weeks ago and I was told Mid June for delivery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that I should play Texas Holdem. I told them I would be all in if we do a delivery date within a month. The salesman also worked very hard to make this happen.

·
Registered
549 Posts
LOL, I have owned my 07' DC a month now and just ordered a Crewmax Limited 4X4 w/5.7. I didnt think I would miss the sunroof/power rear slider that much....but I do:D . Congrats and now comes the hard part...waiting:tu: Oh, in the one month of ownership w/my DC, not one problem to report...love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I told my salesman I would pay full asking price also for delivery in a month, but still got the response "possibly in June". Maybe I should take a drive and pay a visit to your dealership to make an order. I can't believe the difference in delivery time?

·
Registered
87 Posts
LOL, I have owned my 07' DC a month now and just ordered a Crewmax Limited 4X4 w/5.7. I didnt think I would miss the sunroof/power rear slider that much....but I do:D . Congrats and now comes the hard part...waiting:tu: Oh, in the one month of ownership w/my DC, not one problem to report...love it.
Ok, you peaked my curiosity. Are you adding to your collection or are you trading in? If trading in, what kind of beating are you taking?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Was at the dealer today and saw my first crewmax, wow thing looks good! Sure your going to love it! Dont forget to post pictures when you get it..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bet you wouldn't have a hard time selling it with those carved wheels? How big of a financial hit are you going to take, although it doesn't seem a concern for you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts