Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed a hard tonneau yet like the Gaylord, Snug Top, etc, on a CMax 5.5 Bed? I'm in the market for one and would like any feedback available as to recommendations, etc. Also, if anyone has installed one, pricing info would be appreciated too.

My second choice is one of the rolling (retractable) tonneaus, but the hard lid is my first choice. TIA

·
Registered
226 Posts
My dad has a roll up on his 06 Double cab LTD. The box the top rolls into eats about 10-12 inches of his bed and hangs down about 4 inches from the floor of the bed. Do what you want, but I think that was a bad move on dad's part. Could've gotten a nice hard top for a couple hundred more. Makes even less sence with a 5.5ft bed vs 6ft. Now the bed of my truck (07) will actually have more room than his.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I won't have a rollup cover because of the box space that it uses up.I also won't have a one piece hard cover because they are a pain if you have to haul something tall like an appliance.I am going to install a bakflip cover on my double cab because while lockable,they can be folded up to allow for tall loads.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the backflip looks good too. I might end up going that way. I didn't want the roll-up cover (although they're very nice) because the CMax bed is so short to begin with that I didn't want to lose any more space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts