Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had a Toyota bedliner and hard tonneau cover installed today by the dealer. Man, am I pleased with the results. The tonneau cover is heavy duty and solid. It has a good watertight seal all along the edge and is lockable. It really gives the truck a finished look. Only problem is it came with no instructions on how to remove/install it. As you can see, it uses the rails for the clamps. Looks like a nice setup.

Check it out:

TheSeaDragon/Tonneau - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey guys,

I had a Toyota bedliner and hard tonneau cover installed today by the dealer. Man, am I pleased with the results. The tonneau cover is heavy duty and solid. It has a good watertight seal all along the edge and is lockable. It really gives the truck a finished look. Only problem is it came with no instructions on how to remove/install it. As you can see, it uses the rails for the clamps. Looks like a nice setup.

Check it out:

TheSeaDragon/Tonneau - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Who is the manufacturer? It looks like it fits the truck great and utilizes the deck rail system. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2007, SE5, 5.7L 2WD, Silver Sky
86 Posts
I had a plastic drop in liner on my 97 Ranger, yes it does catch the dust underneath and will wear on the paint. Living in a "dry climate", I do not worry much on moisture.

I just got my 07 Tundra SR5 DC and it had the plastic liner in it. So I'll live with it for a while.

I just ordered the "cab high" cap from SungTop, they just released if for the 07 Tundra "std bed". I'll have it soon.
BT

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very nice!:tu: Are those original Toyota parts? If so do you have the part number please?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies. I honestly don't know who makes the cover. They are "genuine Toyota accessories" ordered through the dealer. If anyone knows who makes the Toyota branded covers, I'd really appreciate it. I need to get the instruction sheet that would have come with it so I know how to install and remove the cover properly. I will call the dealer today, but I have a feeling they chucked it in the garbage.

As for the drop in bedliner, they are very common where I live. I didn't even think twice about ordering it. I like the fact that things slide fairly easily on the liner to get things in and out of the bed. Also, the bolts that hold the bed down are now hidden and won't snag on anything.

Now I just have to work on building a hanger system in my garage that I can lift the tonneau cover off and pull it up to the ceiling for storage when I don't want it on the truck.

Here is the only label that is on the tonneau cover...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cost was $1,400 installed (Cdn dollars). But it was all rolled in to the truck purchase itself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a plastic drop in liner on my 97 Ranger, yes it does catch the dust underneath and will wear on the paint. Living in a "dry climate", I do not worry much on moisture.

I just got my 07 Tundra SR5 DC and it had the plastic liner in it. So I'll live with it for a while.

I just ordered the "cab high" cap from SungTop, they just released if for the 07 Tundra "std bed". I'll have it soon.
BT
Interesting point. Most truckers sometimes put in drop in liners because when It comes down to selling their vehicle, they will take out the liner to expose the untouched shiny bed underneith. This is to increase value of the truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i believe the cover to be an action cover
they are based out of canada and are the factory
supplier of hard tonneau covers.
they do not supply to the us any more though

george

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i believe the cover to be an action cover
they are based out of canada and are the factory
supplier of hard tonneau covers.
they do not supply to the us any more though

george
Thanks for that info George. :tu:

I went to their website and it appears they are a distributor rather than a manufacturer. One of the suppliers is A.R.E. I then went to the ARE website and found what I think is my tonneau. It looks like the ARE LSII series. Actually, I'm almost certain of it.

LSII Series Tonneau Covers : A.R.E. : Manufacturer of fiberglass pick-up truck caps, tops, toppers, camper shells, canopies, hard tonneau covers, work caps and truck accessories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts