Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got the dash bezel off to hard-wire my radar detector. Does anyone have any info as to which is the best spot/wire to tap into? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
When I hardwired mine, I tapped into the switched or accesory wire for the stereo. I dont have a diagram in front of me, but It wouldnt be hard to find out the wire color. (I want to say its yellow/black, but i'm not sure) Its pretty simple, and the radar detector doesnt draw much current so you don't have to worry about overloading anything.

·
Toy Junkie
249 Posts
I pulled mine from the lights in the overhead console then put the box on the window with the suction cups. Real clean.
Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled mine from the lights in the overhead console then put the box on the window with the suction cups. Real clean.
Jason
hmm.. that sounds perfect, as I want mine mounted via sun-visor.. it's a valentine one, and has a small fuse-box within the hard-wire kit.. think I could stash it (fuse-box) in the console? My truck is an sr5 trd w/o compass=(, so there may be a little extra space..

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you plan on adding more accessories I would hardwire a small fusebox in. It doesnt have to be fancy or anything, just tap from the battery and run wires inside or out thru grommets.

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
I forgot to mention, I tapped into the radio power because the passport 8500 has a mute button which I put under the stereo, then ran the power up the pillar and out above the mirror. Otherwise I would have used the overhead light route If I didnt have the mute button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts