Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the wiring harness for the Prodigy Brake Controller to plug into the factory wire harness on the ’07 Tundra? RVwholsalers list one for 2002-up Tundra but I’m concerned the ’07 might take a different part number. Anyone know the part number for an ’07?

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The vehicle ends of the Chevrolet and Toyota adapters are not the same. If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can cut and splice the wire harness from your Silverado but if you want to keep the Chevy set up for towing, get the 3040-P vehicle specific adapter. It makes short work of the installation and reduces the possibility of errors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the 3040 plug in my 07 and everything works perfect.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent! That's just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone tell me where the connection is for the harness on the Tundra? I looked under the dash, and could not find it. Am I blind?
You won't find it under the dash. Look in your manual and it will show you where it's located. Basically, it's behind the left kick panel next to the e-brake. I found I had to remove the plastic threshold piece first and the kick panel slips under it. The threshold comes off easily as it just snaps up. You might be able to remove the kickpanel without taking the threshold off, but I didn't try as the threshold came of easily.

There is a black threaded plastic nut holding the kickpanel on. Remove it and you can work the kit panel forward and out. Once off you'll see how it re-installs as it slips into some fasteners to hold it in place.

Once the kickpanel is off the brake connector plug is not that easy or obvious to locate! It's white and it's up at the top and wrapped around some wires with black electrical tape. I carefully cut the tape away with a razor knife (don't cut or nick any wires) and freed up the connector. THE CONNECTOR HAS A WHITE PLASTIC PLUG COVER IN THE END THAT MUST BE REMOVED! Take the plug cover off and the brake plug is ready to use. The Tekonsha part number for the '07 Tundra on down is #3040P ("P" means it's in a clamshell pack) and if you're running the Prodigy, it makes the install a simple plug in job. I paid $14.35 at Giant RV for the harness, but online you can get it cheaper.

Or, you can use the Toyota supplied harness in the glove box if you don't mind splicing wires.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I thorught that wire in my glove box was the adpter that came with a 07

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thorught that wire in my glove box was the adpter that came with a 07

Yes it is. But it's a universal brake controller adapter. It will work with any brake controller. The harness I was referring to is for Tekonsha controllers. I could have still used the harness that comes in the glove box but I would have to splice wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts