Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually my question is this: Has anyone tried to fabricate an add-on to turn their OEM spindles into a lift spindle? I know TC sells a weld on gussett that increases the strength of the factory ones.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
What do you mean by "lift spindle"? Do you mean an extension on top, to fit with a drop bracket? That has been done.

Do you mean a spindle where the hub has been moved to a snout outboard of the lower ball joint, rather than above it? I believe they are available in the desert industry, but don't know names OTOH. Camburg makes one, but it is for their race kit. This type of spindle cannot be used with the factory 4WD.

-Sean

·
Registered
469 Posts
Here on the big island there is guy that is turning the 6" lift kits into 10" lift kits. He was just extending the drop brackets and making his own spindles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
does he have a website? i'd like to see some pictures =]

·
Registered
469 Posts

I believe it has a 12" suspension lift and a 3" body lift.

·
Registered
469 Posts
+1. I'm looking for a longer set of spindles to eliminate the spacers used with the 4.5" TC lift.

Why don't you just buy the 5" spindles from Tuff Country? You know it's going to fit and plus it will lift the truck another 1/2". I believe you also have to purchase the longer strut spacer too.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Haha! Well I got suckered into buying the lift spindles. I spent around $800 for the spindles and strut spacers.:p I just didn't like seeing the skinny ball joint spacer/spindle extender. Plus I plan on adding King Coilovers and the TC UCA in the very near future.....in fact they are on order and hopefully on an airplane heading my way.:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Holly mother of God thats a beautiful truck!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
how devin straight axle? or a 12 inch body lift hahahahah =]

·
Registered
469 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this guy also had a matching trailer. It was lifted with the same tires and rims. Now that was a crazy thing to see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts