Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed a Kenwood KSC SW10 amplified subwoofer? I'm looking to add some more bass to my Crewmax.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
I know nothing about that particular sub, but I found a pretty nice low profile sub that makes me happy.

Check out my thread in audio, its something like "another option for DC subwoofer" or something. Its an 8" shallow mount JL Audio sub in a JL ported box. Its less than 6 inches deep to fit under my rear seat and its a pretty good sub. Its starting to break in and sound even better now. I was listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers today on the way to Home Depot and the bass was enough to vibrate my rear view mirror pretty good.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crewmax doesn't have as much room as the DC, has anyone with a Crewmax installed any type of subwoofer box under the seat?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think most of the CM guys are putting them behind the seats.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Check Out Our Products!
I believe that this guy is on this forum and he sells custom boxes. Don't know anything about him but maybe jumbojet or someone else could tell you more???

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've wondered the same thing. I already have the JBL sub behind the seat, don't want to rip it out......this might be just right....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a crewmax and I'm waiting to get two 10" shallow mount Alpine type R with PDX amps. The amps and subs should fit behind the seat right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has installed a Kenwood KSC SW10 amplified subwoofer? I'm looking to add some more bass to my Crewmax.

i just installed the same one 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have the kenwood sw10 in my crew max under the driver seat. in my personal opinion, it's crap. it has absolutely no punch. the passenger cannot hear it and I am constantly having to adjust the volume settings on the remote. I plan on taking it out soon.

·
Registered
987 Posts
i have the kenwood sw10 in my crew max under the driver seat. in my personal opinion, it's crap. it has absolutely no punch. the passenger cannot hear it and I am constantly having to adjust the volume settings on the remote. I plan on taking it out soon.
That's all I needed to hear.....

·
Registered
246 Posts

weird, i don't have that problem and i mounted behind the backseat in my DC :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if a Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch would be better. Anyone heard this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I've not heard it but tech12volts biulding me a box for my 07 dc right abouts.....now! Singlte upfiring 12 in a sealed box to fit under the drivers rear seat. Also making an area or tray for the pdx5.5 I am going to use. Alp;ine 12 type s dual voice coils 4 ohms. I will most definately report on the box, I do have a good bit of trust already. Very personal and professional so far......

·
Registered
860 Posts
weird, i don't have that problem and i mounted behind the backseat in my DC :confused:

You put it BEHIND the rear seat in a DC? Did you replace the JBL or did you not have the JBL to begin with? I'm asking to see if you think it has more punch than the JBL which to me is quite light and I'm not even a fan of heavy bass.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You put it BEHIND the rear seat in a DC? Did you replace the JBL or did you not have the JBL to begin with? I'm asking to see if you think it has more punch than the JBL which to me is quite light and I'm not even a fan of heavy bass.

yeah it's just small enough to fit BEHIND the rear seat down on the floor (mounted on the back wall while rest on the floor) in a DC. I never had JBL so i couldn't compare the punch and I am not big fan of heavy punch either but I didn't have problem feeling the boom boom. have you adjusted the HU output? I have aftermarket HU and not sure if that makes the difference?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I haven't found a separate control for the sub. Just what comes up in the audio controls in the Nav screen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I installed a Pioneer 12" shallow sub box (I can't remember the model number right now) powered by a Pioneer GM-D7400M mono sub amp (400 watts RMS). It's installed behind the rear seat in my CM. I really like the sound, in fact I keep the power level turned down pretty far as it drowns out the rest of the audio. Overall, I'm very pleased with the system. Here is a picture of it installed ---->

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you still recline your seat?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts