Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some of your wisdom guys!

Has anyone lifted a Platinum Sequoia with the Air Suspension on the rear?

I asked a Toytoa "expert" and was told that you can NOT raise the rear as it has airbags.

His exact reply "As far as the rear suspension- no that cannot be done. If you adjust the height sensor to read lowerand thus jack the back up higher it will simply set fault codes and cause the system to go into a default neutral height setting. Lifting a sequoia with air suspension is not possible. "

But many experts are wrong so im hoping someone can steer me to another method to raise the rig.

Thanks Guys,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Revtek has the only product available for platinums that I have seen. The air suspension causes complications.

Revtek Suspension | Toyota Suspensions

Good luck with your build and keep us posted.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revtek has the only product available for platinums that I have seen. The air suspension causes complications.
Revtek Suspension | Toyota Suspensions
i found the same thing. They state the following for platinum models. " •Factory air leveling system adjusted to 1 1/2" lift

Adjusted? the dealer here told me that they cannot be adjusted its not an option ( but TBH they dont have a clue as it is ) , so i was curious if that was just an idea or something they were able to adjust. Tried getting in touch with revtek but no luck?

·
Registered
190 Posts
i found the same thing. They state the following for platinum models. " •Factory air leveling system adjusted to 1 1/2" lift

Adjusted? the dealer here told me that they cannot be adjusted its not an option ( but TBH they dont have a clue as it is ) , so i was curious if that was just an idea or something they were able to adjust. Tried getting in touch with revtek but no luck?
Don't quote me on this but what I think they do by adjusting is that they change the sensor position (located in the rear wheel well) so that the new "normal" is actually 1 1/2" higher, just by modding where the sensor is, no electronic tampering necessary.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just received an email from revteck stating the same thing.

So there is a way like you said. I will be doing this as soon as I can and I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't quote me on this but what I think they do by adjusting is that they change the sensor position (located in the rear wheel well) so that the new "normal" is actually 1 1/2" higher, just by modding where the sensor is, no electronic tampering necessary.
I know many Platinum Owners have been looking for how to raise their trucks. I recieved this email from a sales rep at REVtek ill also post his info for those interested in a follow up.

We have sold many of these kits with successful results. This is how it is accomplished:

REAR OF VEHICLE
1. Place your Sequoia on a level concrete surface.
2. Block front wheels to prevent vehicle from moving in either direction.
3. Make sure parking brake is off.
4. Locate the air bag adjusting rod in between the rear lower control arm; this rod will have a nut that is tightened down on a slide. Loosen the nut and push adjusting rod up towards the frame until it cannot go any further, then tighten the nut down. Do this on both sides and you will achieve 1.5 to 2" of lift in the rear.
5. Have your vehicle aligned both in the front and rear.

BILL CARTER | NATIONAL SALES MANAGER | REVTEK
Phone: [503] 659-1650 | Fax: [503] 659-2931 | Email: [email protected]

looks like an easy enough mod. if and when i do this ill keep everyone posted and if anyone has tried this post some pics.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the follow up, repped.
Thanks Bud.

It would be great help if someone can photography the sensor or post what the part looks like. Im not sure if i found the right thing under the rear. There was a bolt on a sliding piece as mentioned above but it was already tightened half way on the sliding lock thingie.

thanks guys

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is what you're looking for:

On the Passenger Side:

On the Driver Side:

The problem is, as long as your ride height is within factory spec, no amount of adjustment to the sliders' positions will result in any change in ride height. :-(

Maybe re-positioning the sensor as previously mentioned will prove successful, but these sliders alone will not get the job done.

HTH

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics HTH,

That's the part I thought it was.

Have you tried adjusting the slider position all the "up" and did u notice a difference?

The position of the slider on my sequoia is already at half way. Slider isn't down fully. I haven't got around to trying it out but will try to sometime this week.

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the pics HTH,

That's the part I thought it was.

Have you tried adjusting the slider position all the "up" and did u notice a difference?

The position of the slider on my sequoia is already at half way. Slider isn't down fully. I haven't got around to trying it out but will try to sometime this week.

Thanks for the update.
Yes. I adjusted both sides all the way up and the vehicle height did not change at all. :-(

HTH

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HTH,

That's a bit of a downer.

What can I do to raise the rear? Do u have any ideas?

I will need to raise it to do the off reading I want to.

Thanks again
Ali

·
Registered
71 Posts
HTH,

That's a bit of a downer.

What can I do to raise the rear? Do u have any ideas?

I will need to raise it to do the off reading I want to.

Thanks again
Ali
I ran into so many disappointments like this (and others) with my 2010 Sequoia Platinum that I traded it in on a 2013 Land Cruiser.

Voila! No more problems!

I know this is not the kind of answer you are looking for, but I decided that the Sequoia Platinum is simply not a good off-road vehicle choice. I'm sure there are many who disagree, but I decided that purchasing a vehicle designed for off-road use was a better solution than trying to adapt one that was not so designed.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

HTH

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would have loved to get a LC but the choices in the Middle East are limited.

The only LC that had everything I want was running at 88K. (5.7 VXR with leather etc)

I got my Plat, for 50K brand new. (Fully loaded Minus laser cruise)

Still though I needed a larger SUV, the third row in a LC is a bit of a joke. But that thing is an off road beast!

Probably the reason the sequoia isn't fully mod for offroad is to steer ppl to the LC.

Unfortunatly couldn't rationalize the 38k extra for a LC. Maybe if I didn't own a Range I might have bit the bullit on the LC.

Thanks for your help. Looks like I might replace the rear suspension then.

Ali

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright. So i found this on the web.

Air Lift Lock-N-Lift Air Spring Spacer

for all you experts out there, or wannabe's, would this give me the 2inch lift im looking for on my Platinum sequoia?

would all the sensor go out of whack? What i gathered from my research on the air suspension, the Height sensor measures the rear of the vehicle and the body.

ANy help would be appreciated and Repped!

·
Registered
2 Posts
All,

Before purchasing the lift for my 2008 Platinum Sequoia I figured that I would try moving the adjustment rod for the rear air bag suspension. I have found this to work just as suggested. I moved the adjustment nut up towards the arm it is attached to and was able to set the zero mark for the suspension there. This lifted the rear of the vehicle approximately 1.5". I then put the Sequoia suspension in Manual mode and raised the suspension using the switch on the dash. This raised the suspension another 1.5" approximately. I am very happy with the results and will be ordering the spacers for the front soon. I have attached pictures to show the start point, then the new normal level, and finally the new raised level.

Hope this helps...
Tape measure Yellow Ruler Meter Number Tape measure Yellow Ruler Material property Measuring instrument Yellow Tape measure Ruler
Auto part

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Once you move the vehicle past ~15mph or so the height control is going to drop correct? Are you overriding this sensor?
In the high position. (Third picture) it will drop down to the "new" N height (second pic) when you go over 15 mph. But on N position it will stay that height even above 15 mph.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.