Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to know if someone has ever changed to location of the 7 pin plug. I was backing up the other day on a dirt road and ran into the side bank. I had a reverse light plugged into it and it bent the thing back in toward the spare tire. I saw the newer Tahoe's have it right beside the lisence plate. Looks like the best place I've seen yet.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Was wanting to know if someone has ever changed to location of the 7 pin plug. I was backing up the other day on a dirt road and ran into the side bank. I had a reverse light plugged into it and it bent the thing back in toward the spare tire. I saw the newer Tahoe's have it right beside the lisence plate. Looks like the best place I've seen yet.

Lots of guys put it into the drivers side light for the license plate. Works well. I just bought a new plug and spliced it in.

·
Registered
655 Posts
il be moving mine when i get my tubed bumpers made,il have a steel plate all around it.dont feel bad,so many people do that,i sell at least 2 of those a month cuz of that.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to me if you were to bottom out really hard it might just take it right off. I would hate to have to rewire it. Better to do it now then have a pain in the a$$ job later.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
haha funny you mention it, about a year ago I was going through a ditch and the trailer plug bent back up but the dual exhaust didn't flench... I still don't know why that happened.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i bent mine back when i first got the truck. and like glory glory my exhaust didnt do anything (duals out the back) and i just bent the thing back into place. but yes, as stated, alot of people have mounted it in the bumper. im leaving mine, as i have one of those plug in reverse lights too, and it would look funnier sticking out next to the LP. plugged in under the bumper doesnt look too bad IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts