Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen available dates of 3/13-17 in the Southeast region. They should be hitting the lots any day now.:cool:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
It doesn't feel like they are going to show up any day now, does it?. We just had some recent reports that the Tundra roadshows have not had any Crewmaxes. There is a Tundra Prove-It even this Satuday in Austin and I'll bet there are no Crewmaxes. In fact, there is no hard evidence, right now, that there are any more than three of them in the US as of last week.

Wouldn't it be ridiculous if I were able to go out and buy the first Crewmax that showed up at a dealership and then drive it over to a Tundra event and park it in the parking lot and invite people to come over and look at it? That's why I don't think they exist in large enough numbers to be showing up in dealerships this week. They would be in the roadshows if they existed.

·
Registered
548 Posts
yea, wtf. I need these on the lot now! Who on here lives near the plants? Are they just all sitting? F'in toyota, does the crewmax even exist? :cry:

·
Banned
159 Posts
"Toyota has cancelled production of the CrewMax due to poor pre-order numbers. The company will focus on the currently available configurations. Customers who ordered the CrewMax will be offered a as yet undisclosed discount on the Toyota vehicle of their choice."

:)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I drove by the Texas factory this week and didn't see a single Tundra (much less a Crewmax) anywhere in the traffic on Applewhite Road near the plant or on any of the interstates or loops in San Antonio. If the Crewmax is coming out the door they must be going right onto rail cars out of view. I thought I'd see at least one new Tundra, of any body style, in the area. Are plant employees taking advatage of employee purchase programs on new Tundras? I know it's just a job but maybe it's because they are located in the Gulf States Toyota region and can't get 'em like they want 'em :rolleyes:.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
The factory is bagging them with a car cover printed to look like a F150. Thats why they are so ellusive.

·
Registered
548 Posts
maybe they are rethinking the 5.5 ft bed, and starting over with 6.5's. ha

·
Registered
60 Posts
"Toyota has cancelled production of the CrewMax due to poor pre-order numbers. The company will focus on the currently available configurations. Customers who ordered the CrewMax will be offered a as yet undisclosed discount on the Toyota vehicle of their choice."
:)
I think you should get banned for that one. :eek:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I drove by the Texas factory this week and didn't see a single Tundra (much less a Crewmax) anywhere in the traffic on Applewhite Road near the plant or on any of the interstates or loops in San Antonio. If the Crewmax is coming out the door they must be going right onto rail cars out of view. I thought I'd see at least one new Tundra, of any body style, in the area. Are plant employees taking advatage of employee purchase programs on new Tundras? I know it's just a job but maybe it's because they are located in the Gulf States Toyota region and can't get 'em like they want 'em :rolleyes:.
I believe they are being built in Indiana.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
my first one is coming in by the end of next week

I have seen it back in January at the ride and drive but we dont have any demos floating around

1 - 20 of 32 Posts