Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has replaced their power/std antenna's with a "hidden antenna", much like this one: Hidden Antenna Kit at StylinTrucks.com. My stock power antenna has difficulty retracting so I was going to replace it with another one but then I stumbled onto one of those products, so I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with those and what theirs thoughts were about it. My main curiosity is how well is the reception with a hidden antenna compared to the stock ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have installed several of them, and they work but nowhere near as well as a factory mast-style antenna. It will only pick up strong stations local to you. If that isnt good enough, my suggestion is to take a full mast antenna and secure to the frame of the truck behind the front fender. It will pick up a better signal than the hidden antennas and still be hidden.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting, thank you for the input street. i need to replace my factory one, thought it'd be a cheaper solution but you're right, reception is the most important to me. unfortunately my dealership quoted me $65 for a new antenna. i'll have to keep searching other dealerships for a better deal..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts