Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Hate 2nd Row Seating

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  chris12 
#1 ·
I love the red rock in my Platinum, but I absolutely HATE the fact that the 2nd row only has 2 seats. Who were they thinking would benefit in some way from this?? :td: I wonder if I could find a second row from a wrecked SR5/Limited and have it reupholstered in red rock?

#2 ·
i dunno but personally all the SUVs we have looked at in teh past, we preferrred the captains chairs in teh second row. a bench is blah...and with a third row you dont need to squeeze people in side by side if u dont have to...

#3 ·
There are always several sets of bench seats on eBay from LKQ. Here's one. All the rest are all three rows right now.

08 Toyota Sequoia 2nd Row Rear Grey Leather Seats LKQ : eBay Motors (item 390181444696 end time Apr-17-10 18:02:34 PDT)

Keep in mind that some OEM colors are proprietary. Shops can try to match it, but it's not always easy. If you're going through the trouble, I would upgrade, IMO. I think the Toyota leather is not very supple or luxurious in the first place. Katzkins has some nice shades that are very similar. :)

#5 ·
I have a limited with the 2nd row bench. I've removed the center seat so it's like having captain's chairs. I've covered the center section with a mat from WeatherTech. There's someone else on this board that has a Platinum that removed the center console. He also included a how to just in case you were interested in removing it. I'll try to take picutres of mine tonight.

#7 ·
Thats why I bought a limited. I was looking at the schematics and it seems to me that you can swap the seats. I was going to get the platinum and trade someone the captains for the bench and then take the bench to my upholsterer to have him match the perforations. My wife wasn't trying to hear that song and dance so we settled for the limited ....... damn women.

#8 ·
Yeah, women are pretty useless! Don't know squat about this stuff.

Here's another shot of the Amaretto. I think it improves on all the areas where the Red Rock could improve...the material is more supple to the touch, a little less orange, and has a cool sheen to it. I like the stitching too! I want to see if they can do my armrests as well - tie it all together and make it look OEM.

#9 ·
I viewed the link above of the eBay listing for the second row from the limited. It looks like each of the three seats is independent. This means one should be able to remove the center console and replace it with the 2nd row center seat from the limited. Only hurdle would be having the limited seat upholstered with the platinum style perforated leather, which Toyota most likely doesn't make. I wonder if katzkin would sell an oem match perforated leather for this seat by itself?

I'll have to look into this if I end up joining the club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.