Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some firewood today (1/4 of a cord) that prolly weighed a good 800-900 lbs.

My buddy rode with and we decided to race at the track to only 40 mph.

I beat him, by a nose...

He drives a '05 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi with 73K miles.

Anyway, as always, the truck handled great, could keep steady 80 mph on the highway, and the front suspension handled the logging rode flawlessly to get out to pick up the wood. I'm lovin' that OME suspension

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On second thought, it dropped my rear suspension a better part of 2.5-3"....

Anybody want to take a stab at it?

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
OK, Rockystate, you might want to lay off the Micky D's. Looking at the picture, it even seems you were double fisting it. You are young and all, but that golden arches crap will make you fat in a hurry, then your truck will always ride like that.

I bet the "bed bounce" was gone. Ha ha :D
~Griz

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha my buddy weighs 300 lbs... he had the large.

I do need to cut back on the Golden Arches as I see two golden lumps forming just above my stomach.

-rockstate

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
haha my buddy weighs 300 lbs... he had the large.

I do need to cut back on the Golden Arches as I see two golden lumps forming just above my stomach.

-rockstate

Boobs???

So are you liking your Tundra again??? LOL.....:D

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I like it still... I mean, it's got it's quirks but unless I can trade straight up into an F150 with my mods, it isn't going to happen.

I can't say I'd buy it again without looking at everybody but Dodge, especially a used one with some miles on it, but unless the AIP problem happens to me, I won't be ditching this thing unless a big repair comes along.

-rockstate

·
Registered
70 Posts
The first thing I hauled in my 08 RC TRD Offroad was a 2000lb battery. I didn't even think about it.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
OK, Rockystate, you might want to lay off the Micky D's. Looking at the picture, it even seems you were double fisting it. You are young and all, but that golden arches crap will make you fat in a hurry, then your truck will always ride like that.

I bet the "bed bounce" was gone. Ha ha :D
~Griz
Got to love getting nutritional advice on a tundra forum.........

·
Registered
570 Posts
that weight probably didn't hurt. Keeps your tires on the ground, and the engine is big enough to not be bothered by the cargo load.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some good lookin firewood haha.

Ours was $35 though. Can't beat that.

-rockstate

haha, on our last camping trip we went for a wood run and found a clearing that had all the trees pushed into a pile by a bulldozer. Backed the truck up and loaded it like you wouldn't belive! Dropped the tailgate and loaded 6-8 foot logs first until it was about rail height (I've got a long box but with a tool chest up front) then started throwing the 15-20 foot logs on the headache rack (about a half-dozen or so) and then chained up a massive stump (to burn through the night) and drug it back behind the truck!
Didn't get any pictures but I swear it was the biggest wood load I've ever seen with a pickup! And it didn't cost a dime :first:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I picked up some firewood today (1/4 of a cord) that prolly weighed a good 800-900 lbs.

My buddy rode with and we decided to race at the track to only 40 mph.

I beat him, by a nose...

He drives a '05 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi with 73K miles.

Anyway, as always, the truck handled great, could keep steady 80 mph on the highway, and the front suspension handled the logging rode flawlessly to get out to pick up the wood. I'm lovin' that OME suspension

-rockstate
So what do you have stuck on your rear window you had to hide from us by blurring the image? haha;)

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Is that really a 1/4 cord. Looks more like 1/8. I go cut 1+ cords every summer and have a couple of racks to stack it on. If that fills one rack it would be 1/4 but that is nowhere near.

Anywho, the tow package with the 4:30 gears have better off the line than the Dodge. Top end he would eat you fer lunch, I shut mine down at 115 MPH (open road, sorry officers) and still had throttle left.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
REgarding hte window stickers, I ahve teh thin blue line, a War Eagle sticker, and an Old Man Emu sticker. I blurred 'em b/c i'm not actually a cop, but a lot of my really good friends are.

Og, he told me that it was a 1/4. I dunno though.

It stacks about 4x4x(width of the wood - what, 1-2 feet?)

Essentially, we unloaded it from an old Chevrolet and it was about 4 feet tall, one row deep.

-rockstate

·
Registered
78 Posts

turns out someone got a picture of the first load we grabbed. Fewer beers consumed therefore not a big as the second but still a pretty hefty load!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts