Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tundra Solutions Founder
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed an evaluation of all the automotive community websites in Vertical Scopes' network. I did this on my own for the sole purpose of learning our social position in the network.

Part of my evaluation simply looked at the number of Facebook page likes that each site has collected (if any). Of the 240 websites in the network, more than 180 have no position beyond their own forum. A handful, 59 websites have pushed a little outside of their forum into social media sites like Facebook. Sadly, nearly 95% of those setup Facebook groups, and let them run on their own.

A select few, like TS, consistently push outside of their forum into sites like Facebook. Whether you personally utilize Facebook or not, I believe it simply cannot be ignored. At over 700 million strong and growing, it's a useful platform to engage and ultimately bring new members to TS.

In my findings I discovered TS is the only automotive community in the network that consistently works in tandem with Facebook. A few of us post there regularly, and others visit frequently. We've gained nearly 200 page "Likes" in a short time, but there's room for improvement there.

I've won application publishing rights therefore I could build a unique Facebook application that directly connects with TS.

Anyway in terms of Facebook "Likes" TS is ranked 18 of 59 websites who have at least 1 Like. I see this as sort of a competition, whether others do or not. It's a measure of my marketing skills and our ability to move forward (no phun intended).

You may be wondering who's number 1? Strangely it's the geeks from one of the GM Volt sites with a little over 2k Likes.

The question to the community is; can we beat that?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I am in and the links to here are a plus because I can't always get on at work and can get my fix through my phone

·
No job too small.
2,206 Posts
Liked :tu:

You've got to get the "Like" button on every TS post, if possible put it near the rep points icon. Or, at least at the top of the page near the TS logo. If it's there, folks will click it.

But, you also need to post more TSBS threads on FB. We're feeling left out down here. Man Purses, for example should have universal appeal. ;)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent suggestion on the TSBS section

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Liked!

Im outta points too.... seems like a regular problem.

·
Banned
8,888 Posts
Excellent work everyone, we've just passed 300 Facebook likes, and have moved down to 13th position in the automotive network.

315 likes with mine included..!! :D

i'm the bold one that sits like the thinker ( rodin )..!!

:D dikkie :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
You know I post got to show off my ride! :D j/k

I'll post links to TS but everyone needs to do their part. lol

I have 99 Supra owners,71 X-Runner owners, and 59 MR2 Spyder owners as friends and only 11 Tundra oweners as friends. What's up with that? :beatsme:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I have 99 Supra owners,71 X-Runner owners, and 59 MR2 Spyder owners as friends and only 11 Tundra oweners as friends. What's up with that? :beatsme:
Tundra owners are obviously just a bunch of stuck up jerks. :pound:

...or, there just aren't that many of us that know how to work that pesky facebook thingy.

Posted a race video of my four door racing truck to break it up a little. How about doing a fb only contest of some sort and giving away TS stickers as prizes????

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry, I don't do Facebook.
First post on the new board!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts